PDA

View Full Version : Training...Naples, Florida

OrrA03
30th Sep 2007, 11:55
Hi,

I am training in the UK for my ATPL, but have had extensive experience of Naples flying, and wanted to share my knowledge as a lot of people seem interested in it.

The Airport: Great airport, large runways (05-23 & 14-32), lots of GA and Jet traffic for a mix of experience, friendly tower (unless you do something silly:O)...and a terrific location in general.

Training Orgs:

Europe-American Aviation:

Brand new planes...all Diamond (Petrol DA42s, DA40s, DA20s), all Glass Cockpit. Large Fleet and high standards. Instructors from all over the world, students from all over Europe & USA. Very impressive set up, and the single most impressive FTO I have seen to date in Europe or the US. The downside...you will pay a little more than most companies, and they do not offer JAA training.

London Aviation:

Deal mostly in helicopters, although growing fleet of fixed wing too. High standards in terms of a/c (Cessna's) and instruction. Have a huge amount of hanger space and a large presence at Naples. Downside...they don't reply to emails, they don't reply to phone messages! Good Luck!

Naples Air Centre:

From my experience, a mixed bag. Basically a PPL factory...a lot of JAA (UK) students. Planes are old, but maintained well I believe. This place is cheap but for good reason, and the service not always great. I am not saying don't use this school, just keep your eyes open if dealing with them!! Some of the instructors I have met are not massively motivated, and I have had accounts of people defecting to Europe-American & London.

Rex Aviation:

Know nothing about them. Small Operation I believe.

Hope this helps to anyone considering part of their training in Naples.

VORTIME
30th Sep 2007, 21:30
Flown with all 3.

Beware of NAC - I personally won't fly their old aircraft.
EAA - perfect a/c, don't get any better. Ethical management.
Rexair - family run - want you to be happy - had very average instructor.

VT