PDA

View Full Version : Where to train for dispatchers job?

SOHCAHTOA
10th Mar 2000, 18:23
Can anybody give me any info on where you get training for a dispatch job in the UK ?
ie: Cost of training, job opportunities, expected salary etc.

waco
10th Mar 2000, 20:41
Have to say I dont know anywhere in the UK
you can train for an FAA flight dispatchers.
Last info I had was that a place existed
at Staverton where you could take your
written. What you do then about
the practical and oral I don't know.
I could give you some further info re
the course and structure if you want.
Feel free to send me an e-mail.

youngskywalker
11th Mar 2000, 19:18
I know that everybody in the airline industry hates them but if you want to be a Dispatcher then how about applying to Servisair . I did and it was to be the best and most rewarding job of my life so far . I left purely because I wanted to become a Pilot . In my case Servisair provided very little training for the job , after one week of shadowing another Dispatcher I was handed a radio and told to go and do it! But you soon learn quick , you have to because the Airline captains will soon tear you apart if you show the slightest sign of inexperience . Servisair dont pay great but once you have the experience you can move on to other Airlines .
PS The best bit is that all the female ground staff love Dispatchers , well they did at EGPD anyway!!!

Daifly
13th Mar 2000, 22:50
Yeah, but that is EGPD!

youngskywalker
14th Mar 2000, 19:30
Originally posted by Daifly:
Yeah, but that is EGPD!
More to do with my charm,sophistication and good looks actually ! But then your right the EGPD girls were easy ! Does'nt make me a bad person though !

'floyd
16th Mar 2000, 20:36
Youngskywalker, you are totally right. Dispatching is an excellent and very rewarding job, and with practice you will be able to become good at it. Apply to Servisair NOW because most stations will be training either at the moment or imminently for the coming summer season. I was the same with the training, a short course, and then the radio and aircraft were mine. If you can be responsible, work quickly, love to meet people and solve problems, coupled with a sense of humour, you will love the job. No, the pay is not good at Servisair, but the overtime at my station last month was so great that 20 hour contracted temps were working 55 to 60 hours. It is there if you want it. Good luck!

FLX TOGA
20th Mar 2000, 21:26
But then again Colin, you are very modest aren't you!!!!

Liked your Lap Dancing suggestion on topic about the Disco on the A340!!!! Maybe Private Eyes could set up their own business in the air!!!!

See ya!

Chris

------------------
It's a Decision...... Land.