PDA

View Full Version : question

vipero
5th Feb 2001, 17:09
Economically speaking, in my opinion a flight dispatcher/coordinator may affect the results of a company more than, let's say pursers or seniors.
Now in Italy cabin assistants are considering, in terms of contracts, pays etc... more important than ops staff (and ground staff in general). This is not due by (or not only by) the certification they possess, but by a non-aeronautical education of our managements.
To make it simpler: an ops controller during its shift can cause more damages than a purser, since he must control/manage many flights, while a purser (or a crew) is responsible for the flight operated in that moment (long haul flights at least).
My question is:
why it's so hard to make people aware that a happy dispatcher, well fed works better and allow the company to save millions over millions? (better routes/less fuel burned, diversions avoided etc...).
Can you tell me why???
Ciao
Paolo

p.s.
no offense to cabin crews, this is not to say who's more important, but just that if they are important we are important too...

[This message has been edited by vipero (edited 05 February 2001).]

The Groover
5th Feb 2001, 21:07
Hmmm, I see where you are coming from and agree with you in most aspects of your post, but in small/medium size regionals where the vast majority of flights have only one c/a I think that they work just as hard as Ops Controllers/Dispatchers if not harder. In my previous company most earned a good bit less than half the salary of Ops Controllers and at the end of the day if the s**t hits the fan they are at the very front line, 1 to deal with 36 screaming passengers, give me 3 AOG's a duff telex and 100M FG at LTN anyday !

lalapanzi
6th Feb 2001, 03:12
It seems to me you are paid what your company considers your worth. When you accepted your position you accepted the salary that went with it. If you want to stay with your company when you either put up or apply to join the cabin crew or look for something else paying more money. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

vipero
6th Feb 2001, 14:44
Dear Lala,
First, I must say that changing the company in Italy is not changing very much the money one dispatcher can earn...
Second, I believe that nobody (except our yankee collegues) can work in an ops environment for the pay they receive...
Third, I love to work as dispatcher/coordinator, regardeless if it is well paied or not.
I know how the pays are, I accept them and I'm not crying to the company for a higher wage.
Anyway I think is my right to say: the nature of our job should be better paied.
That's all.
Ciao
Paolo

"Flight Dispatchers tell pilots where to go"

Sexual Chocolate
9th Feb 2001, 09:08
Vipero

Man you really are boring "WOP" .. How old are you ??? 50 +

Groover

So you work up in LTN - Isn't that the capital for Homosexuals - Who do you work for "Metro Ops".

SC