PDA

View Full Version : JT8-D Engine overhauls

philleas fogg
29th Sep 2007, 16:12
Any input along with personal recomendations for overhaul on P&W JT8-D engines would be highly appreciated !

cheers folks:)

good spark
29th Sep 2007, 18:07
mr fogg

try summit aviation based at ramsgate, good guys sorry but no contact nos try google

gs

near enuf is good enuf
3rd Oct 2007, 09:34
In my opinion:
Volvo, Sweden - Good Quality but expensive.
Singapore Technologies, Sing - As above
Ethiopian Airlines, Ethiopia - Cheap but bad quality and slow.
Already mentioned, Summit - Get the overflow from Volvo so you could go to Volvo and get Summit anyway.
Airmotive, Ireland - not sure if still do the JT8

doncas
5th Oct 2007, 12:47
Bedek in israel do jt8d-15 -17a's, at least they did for our crowd!

kiwi55
18th Oct 2007, 14:02
Christchurch engine center in New Zealand is a MRO facility, they do the full range of Jt8d-std and -200 and QEC. They do Fedex's jt8d's among others

yachtno1
19th Oct 2007, 21:30
Might not be the best idea to get a V2500 overhauled by them though ..:ooh:

Faisal57
10th Feb 2008, 13:58
I work in a company that Overhauls the JT8s if you are interested,
we are in Jordan.
e-mail:[email protected]

N1-overspeed
21st Feb 2008, 22:24
Southern Cailfornia, Pacific Gas Turbine Center does JT8D overhaul.

Firebird
22nd Feb 2008, 01:38
I cannot suggest a facility as you indicate Italy as your location and I am in North America but you did request input. If you have experience having JT8's "Repaired" then this post may aid someone else.
I said "Repaired" because that is what is accomplished, not "Overhaul".
Spend some time and money and do an "Audit" on your choosen repair facility to check out their capabilities. Search and list what actually has to be done on the engine as far as AD's etc. Only do what is required and if parts are required then buy new as a last resort. There are engines disassembled all the time with lots of hours and calender time still on the parts. If you are not fully familiar with the engine strip down then hire someone who is and send them with the engine to monitor it from strip down to final test run. Saving 150 to 200 thousand US dollars per engine build is criticle. You also end up with an engine you have complete confidence in and hopefully no surprises when you hang it on.
Hope this helps someone. (Just my 2 cents worth)

borrage
25th Feb 2008, 13:49
TeL: +44 1843 860866
email: [email protected]

Summit Aviation hold JAA/FAA approvals for overhaul/repair of all series of JT8D engines.