PDA

View Full Version : Easy question...

littleflyer
29th Sep 2007, 15:34
Hey,

I would really like to do my work experience in an aerodrome but I dont have any ideas on what I could do.

Does anyone have any ideas?

_Little-Flyer_

db16
29th Sep 2007, 15:38
As you are but 14, you will need GCSEs or O levels for a start

Kit d'Rection KG
29th Sep 2007, 15:52
db, the question is about 'work experience', which (although I'm no expert) is part of a school curriculum.

So, to little flyer, I would suggest that you do some research on what's practical for you (Do you have an airfield nearby? Are there organisations or companies at that airfield who might provide you useful work experience and would be willing to do so?).

Then, with the benefit of that information, tackle your teachers (if there's one who is supportive of your ideas about exploring the possibility of a career in aviation, then run it past him), and ask for help making the plan work.

That said, as I have done for a few years now, I will advise you emphatically NOT to pursue a career as a pilot. The rewards are simply not worth it any more.

r44flyer
29th Sep 2007, 22:47
Jesus, Kit, you miserable bar steward. By that comment can we assume you have been stuck in a FI position on the Scilly Isles since you passed your CPL? Let him make up his own mind based on something more than disgruntled opinion shall we? The rewards are directly linked to your expectations I think.

The industry has ups and downs, yes, like any other, and if things don't suffer any serious upset the expansion should continue for many years yet, in my opinion.

littleflyer... find your nearest airport(s) and write to the airport manager explaining your situation and see if they can help. :ok:

Irish_Stu
29th Sep 2007, 23:57
I did my work experience (feels like many moons ago now) in air traffic control at Belfast International Airport. Was good fun. Not sure what way it works with security though, I had a relative working there and I think he helped to arrange everything for me.
Maybe if you are more mechanically minded or fancy a career in engineering you could try and work with the people who do aircraft maintenance at the airport?

Good luck

Stu

littleflyer
30th Sep 2007, 15:50
Hey people.

Thx for your help! I never knew that you could go to air traffic control. I know some people there! Thx again:ok:

_Little-Flyer_