PDA

View Full Version : What should I do? Advice please

homerg88
29th Sep 2007, 12:38
Hi guys

This is my first post and I have some questions for you.
Atm I got around 100,000 euro to spend to become a pilot.
What way do you think is the best way to go? I am 20 years old and after my education i will have around 50,000 euro more to spend. This is an amount that I can spend without taking any loan or anything like that.
Any school you can recommend and how can I get many hours with there money. One demand is that i must go to an school that teaches me from 0 to 100 %, from a newbie to a first offícer.
Type rating is something that I could pay for to and even linetraining.
Please, I only want some advice, dont write if you are going to write something like, dont pay for your rating bla bla.
I must decide in 6 months and I need the best you can come with.
I have my parents behide me and I have all time in the world,(yes I really do)
Thank you.

Trismegistro
29th Sep 2007, 13:50
What should you do? With that amount of money, anything you want. I guess you should give a try Oxford or Jerez, most people avoid them because of the price, but if you don't have that problem....

MrHorgy
29th Sep 2007, 14:09
With that sort of backing you could go Europe wide, so might be worth looking at other schools as well as english ones. SAS? KLM Flight Academy? Lufthansa? Lots of options. Have a look at the websites - what helps me is drawing up a spreadsheet of the pro's and con's of wach school, location, requirements, cost etc - then the decision should be easier.

Horgy

hogespa28
30th Sep 2007, 14:55
Come to Australia... I'll put you in contact with all the people and places you need to get a JAA License whilst your here, not to mention teach you a thing or two about drinking....

All for about 1/3 less than you'll pay anywhere over there. (Plus of course a some finders fee for myself... ;) )

ReallyAnnoyed
30th Sep 2007, 15:22
Well, since you are Swedish (goes for Danes and Norwegians as well) the first thing you should do is apply to TFHS - put some w's in front of it and .se behind it and you get the website :ok: If you make it through the selection tests, then the Swedish government will pay for your training from nothing to fATPL. If you make it through, you owe me some beers for saving you a wad of cash :}

And for those of you with wet dreams now: Sorry, only applicable to Scandinavians :hmm:

MrHorgy
30th Sep 2007, 17:15
Remind me why I don't live in Sweden again? Free flying, good cars, clean, low crime and gorgeous women.

Never mind, i'm sure somewhere like Rotherham has all that and more...

Horgy

p.s. Apologies to Rotherites.