PDA

View Full Version : Scot Airways

zajeban
22nd Sep 2000, 23:16
Anyone here get an interview with Scot Airways at Cambridge. If so, any response yet?

Seaton
23rd Sep 2000, 01:46
Zajeban,
Got a mate on the inside! Reckons that 'thanks but no thanks' letters are going out at the moment - so I guess they must have filled the post.
Good luck anyway! :)

inottfls
23rd Sep 2000, 02:38
Was invited for an interview, then cancelled on the day. Apparantly bad wx ams meant too busy to see anyone.

Have since been informed via a third party that the ops position has been filled http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif

Well to me that tells you something about the ethos of said company. Guess they will never know what they missed out on ;) :)

------------------
it's not over till the fat lady sings

zajeban
23rd Sep 2000, 17:35
Well I got an interview at least, so the wx must have been kind on that day! Told to expect an answer by the end of the following week. That was 3 weeks ago! Still don't know if it's Dear John! or Congratulations! Guess what I think it will be?
Thanks for your input.
Any other suggestions on who to apply to?

BONDMAN
24th Sep 2000, 04:17
Zajeban, got a mate who has been asked to go for interview next week.. so who knows whats going on!

Cheers Bondy

VP8
26th Sep 2000, 11:50
just heard one of the ops/crewing guys at
Foyle got the job..sorry for bad news

Seaton
26th Sep 2000, 17:25
Apparently there is more than one Ops post up for grabs there....... http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif

inottfls
26th Sep 2000, 17:42
Seaton

So much for 'insider' info :)

Good luck to all who apply

------------------
it's not over till the fat lady sings

zajeban
26th Sep 2000, 21:34
Hmmmmmmmm!
The plot thickens.
Told at interview that ops was: Manager, 2 Controllers and 1 Assistant. Assistant works M-F 9-5 (give or take). Manager and 2 Controllers work 3 shift pattern repeating every 21 days.
Interviews were being conducted to replace ONE of the controllers who was leaving.
Who's the second casualty? Or are Scot Airways expanding to THREE Controllers?
Shame they don't have the courtesy to tell you what's happening even though it's well past the day of reckoning that THEY set.
Confused and disappointed!
zajeban

PS. Their loss not mine if I get something else in the meantime.

BONDMAN
1st Oct 2000, 03:25
just heard one of the HLA ops guys starts at Scot next month....so why not give HLA a go.

Bondy

opsbod
1st Oct 2000, 15:30
If your giving HLA a go don't expect to get rich quick.

Having said that it used to be one of the best places in the industry for learning our trade - you had to learn everything because you were expected to do everything.

Doctor Cruces
1st Oct 2000, 20:26
Know what you mean about HLA, worked there for a while. Had to leave for better paid job once I'd spent all my savings.

Doc C.

------------------
'An intellectual is someone who has been educated beyond common sense.'

BONDMAN
2nd Oct 2000, 01:50
DC
Have to agree with you, I really enjoyed my time at HLA but when the piggy bank was empty it was time to move on!

Bondy

opsbod
3rd Oct 2000, 01:38
Didn't realise HappyLift so well represented on these pages.

I was there from 1990-1996, either of you two during that time?

BONDMAN
3rd Oct 2000, 01:56
Opsbod
Did my time 1999-2000 but still pop by on a quiet night shift
Bondy

Doctor Cruces
3rd Oct 2000, 03:33
My servitude at HappyLift was 1997-98. Looks like we all missed each other!!

Doc C