PDA

View Full Version : Corporate in India??

Viliamu
29th Sep 2007, 00:36
Hi all,
Interested in making the jump to India. I've read through what I can find here, and on other forums, but would certainly appreciate any additional company / contact information available.
Thanks very much!
V
:)

Flintstone
29th Sep 2007, 08:21
You have mail.

cessna310
29th Sep 2007, 11:58
Hi,
Can u please send me info too.

Regards,
cessna310

Crosswind Limits
29th Sep 2007, 13:31
Cessna310

Noticed from your profile that are low hours. Would suggest building up some more experience perhaps by instructing or aerial photography. The corporate market here in UK is very good right now so would suggest getting your experience up and applying locally. The airlines in India are expanding at a hellish pace and I am sure corporate will eventually follow BUT from my sources (and I have quite a few! ;) ) the infrastructure is not yet there and what is there is incredibly bureaucratic!

Best of luck!!

29th Sep 2007, 23:04
I also wouldn't mind hearing some info about working Corp in India.

Can anyone offer any advice on T/C etc and cost of living/ Tax etc.

Thanks in Advance

Viliamu
30th Sep 2007, 01:21
To all,

Thanks for the posts; I look forward to more information!

V

joehunt
30th Sep 2007, 02:27
From my sources you will need at least 500 hours on the type you want to fly and in the capacity, you want to operate. The big hurdle is the DGCA clearance to fly within India and this can be as "quick" as 6 weeks or more than 3 months to obtain, some cases never. The beauracy is "insane", taught by the British of course and perfected by the Indians themselves. If you are going to get hyped up about delays etc., with regards to anything, then this is probably not the place for you. Just sit it out and watch it happen or not happen. IE. Standard 3rd world drill.

On the plus side from my experience in India, the people on the whole are extremely polite and well mannered and the cost of living was cheap but probably on the up, like the ecomemy.

Viliamu
2nd Oct 2007, 00:47
Alright, folks, we're off to a good start. Let's keep this train wreck moving!!

Thanks,

V

:}

Viliamu
6th Oct 2007, 15:00
Anyone else? I'm beginning to think the pickings are slim!

Thanks in advance,

V

bman0429
6th Oct 2007, 16:59
What do you want to know?

What kindof aircraft are you currently flying?

What is your experience?

I mean you need to ask specific questions if you want answers. I've got a couple of buddies who are plugged into the India scene. I can put you in touch if you like. He's just left one operator (his 1st in india) to move to another one with bigger jet (I am afraid the man has gone native). But his former position is open.

Regards

Bman:ok:

Viliamu
7th Oct 2007, 01:11
Gents,

Thanks indeed for the counsel!

Bman, check your pm's, sir!

Cheers,

V

:ok: