PDA

View Full Version : Citation I (501) into City

nouseforaname
28th Sep 2007, 14:43
Anyone know if the 501 is cleared for city under private ops....also is there a special requirement for there to be 2 crew to go in there. Anyone know where I can find like a list of aircraft cleared for city?

forget
28th Sep 2007, 14:54
http://www.lcacc.org/aircraft/index.html#Other

FBOman
7th Oct 2007, 14:09
Hi there,

The 501 is not cleared into City. I do not believe it holds the relevant steep approach requirements. 2 crew is mandatory for any operation into City. It is part of the Aerodrome Licence requirement as stipulated by the CAA.

Hope that helps.:ok:

His dudeness
7th Oct 2007, 19:18
The AFM needs to have the "steep approach supplement".

Even Aircraft capable to do the 5.5° without any difficulties AND formerly allowed into City like the Beech 200 do now require this supplement.

Todays "I want the papers right" hysteria.

YouŽd have to ask Cessna to provide it. Sure thing. Be sure to sit tightend to your chair, when they tell you what they are asking for it. You might fall of said chair...

nouseforaname
7th Oct 2007, 22:03
actually got an e-mail from city ops and they told me it wasn't cleared. Probably cheaper to get taxi from Northolt or Fairoaks for London.
Thanks anyway.

nomorecatering
14th Oct 2007, 21:38
Had a look at the LCY website, noted with curiosiy that several piston twin types are approved, all single pilot aircraft, but still reguire a 2 pilot crew. Are the CAA in the UK that out of touch with reality?

Red Top Comanche
15th Oct 2007, 16:20
Not sure the CAA are too far off on the idea of 2 crew, the approach/departure looks fun from someone who works under it, and serious error could plant you into the side of canary wharf.

A second pair of eyes seems a good move to me.

:rolleyes:

Kit d'Rection KG
16th Oct 2007, 19:19
Ahem,

Yes, twin piston 'single crew' aircraft may operate there...

Under rules laid down by the UK regulator, specifying that the two pilots may not operate as a crew! The aircraft must still (in the cases of which I speak) be operated as single pilot, but with two qualified pilots on board...