View Full Version : Does anyone work for Bell Helicopter?

JaredYng
27th Sep 2007, 23:26
Anyone specifically work in Forth Worth, TX?

IFMU
28th Sep 2007, 00:23
Somebody must!

sprocket
28th Sep 2007, 07:06
I don't, but I've made a lot of money for Bell. :hmm:

papa68
28th Sep 2007, 08:43
Looking at the question posed, I just knew someone would chime in with a 'smarty pants' answer. IFMU has not disappointed... nice!

You've got to be a little more circumspect with this crowd or you'll get eaten alive!

For the record, I don't but IFMU is presumably correct. The thing is, I know I've answered your question and yet I also know I've been of absolutely no assistance to you.

Perhaps if you gave us a bit more information someone might be able to help. Good luck in your quest and hopefully the contributions from here on in will be a bit more sensible.

Papa68:O

JaredYng
28th Sep 2007, 15:28
Hey no worries fellas. I like to think I have a pretty thick skin so fire away!

I guess to be more specific with my question and it's purpose well, I'm graduating with my MBA in May and I want to get a job with Bell in Fort Worth Texas. I'm not giving up until I get a job even if that means being a janitor!

So I guess I was just trying to get a better idea of what it's like working for them and how it is in TX.

Does that help?

heli1
28th Sep 2007, 16:36
Big country..big ribs....lbig traffic queues....big mouths... lots of Texmex and a very old facilty at teh hurst HQ ,unless you work at Alliance or locate to Amarillo where all the new production is..oh I was forgetting Arlington...the test centre.

Brilliant Stuff
28th Sep 2007, 17:19
I know one of their test pilots chimes in every now and then but I have no memory for names. Good luck with the jon though.

NickLappos
28th Sep 2007, 17:54
JaredYng asked," Does anyone work for Bell Helicopter?
Anyone specifically work in Forth Worth, TX?"

Yes, about half of them. ;-)

Tango and Cash
28th Sep 2007, 22:23
Methinks Nick is being generous with half of them working...

papa68
28th Sep 2007, 23:25
JY,

You've got me very curious...

Firstly, congrats on the MBA - I'm sure that'll ensure you'll be a lot better off than 99% of the contributors here!:{

However, your determination to work for Bell no matter what is countered by a "I'd like to know what it's like to work there" mentality. I'm confused...:confused:

Wouldn't you first find out that it's the best place in the world to work and THEN get there come hell or high water? Or is this a new management strategy you've learnt recently (sorry - just being cheeky now!)

Of course it's not really any of my business, just curious. Good luck mate with that janitor's position but I suspect you'll be over qualified.

Papa68:O

Aesir
28th Sep 2007, 23:28
JaredYng. Good for you that you know what you want to do with your life :ok:

I don´t work for Bell (well they don´t pay me :)) but I´m proud to say that I have flown their products several thousand hours and been many times to their facilities in Texas, They´re a friendly bunch and I´m sure good to work for. I like their philosophy and customer support and will forever be a Bell enthusiast.

Best of luck.

Doors Off
29th Sep 2007, 10:33
I am certain that somebody does, though I am pretty sure they have not employed a designer of new helicopters since 1965!:ugh:

Brilliant Stuff
29th Sep 2007, 18:15
Why change a winning design?

EN48
29th Sep 2007, 20:24
I have a friend who is a manufacturing exec at Bell-FW. Send me a PM with your email address and we can discuss whether an intro is appropriate.

RB

Encyclo
29th Sep 2007, 21:42
Is this the "winning design" you're talking about :8.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/magnan3/429_ship2air.jpg
It's a winner alright :ok:

As far as employement with OEMs, both airframe and power plant folks, there's lot's of opportunities these days for guys that are passionate about this business :D

Good Luck!

whatsarunway
30th Sep 2007, 08:29
Looks like the skids off an ec120 and the engines kinda look like the 109 power, apart from that, it looks like a jetranger :E

JaredYng
23rd Oct 2007, 05:01
Papa,

I guess I should clarify my inquiry. I'm not necessarily looking to see what it's like to work for Bell but rather what my options are when I'm there.

When I say options I'm referring to working directly with helicopters and perhaps learning to fly.

Does this help or did I just confuse you even more?

Thanks everyone for your help....Sorry about the delay but midterms can be quite the stressful time!

JaredYng
25th Oct 2007, 01:16
Has anyone even ever heard of the place of employment such as Bell teaching you how to fly for a discounted price or something?