PDA

View Full Version : Maths & Pysics & Cabair Assessment?

Supernick
27th Sep 2007, 19:18
Whats are the papers like for the Cabair assessment? I have it nxt week and was just wondering - any examples would be a great help?????

Thanks guys

r44flyer
27th Sep 2007, 19:20
http://www.cabair.com/integrated/mathematics_paper/Mathematics.htm

http://www.cabair.com/integrated/physics_paper/Physics.htm

Balticsea
30th Sep 2007, 19:47
the links don't seem to be working, does anyone have any other info? :)

r44flyer
30th Sep 2007, 20:09
The links are working fine. Otherwise, go to Cabair's website manually and find the pages.

Balticsea
5th Oct 2007, 15:28
blaugh, just realized they're not working with mac :ugh:

JusAWeeDram
5th Oct 2007, 15:40
The questions on those example paper sometimes re-appear in the actual exams they give you on the assesment day. So pay attention! :ok:

Mach086
6th Oct 2007, 16:28
Physics:

learn what the top number and the bottom number is in the periodic table!
Newtons laws of motion
Electromagnetism - flemmings right hand rule etc for direction of a current/field
Electrics - resistors in parallel/series formulae

Maths:

As long as you know rations, percentages, divison all without the use of a calculator then there is no reason whatsoever not to pass this one. I found it a piece of pie.

Trigonometry - just remember the trig formulae. sine = opposote/adjacent etc

seriously. Maths is easy. I could have done it without revising.

BerksFlyer
6th Oct 2007, 17:01
Trigonometry - just remember the trig formulae. sine = opposote/adjacent etc

Except that sine = opposite/hypotenuse :}

Remember SOH CAH TOA :ok:

AlphaMale
6th Oct 2007, 17:29
blaugh, just realized they're not working with mac

I'm in the same boat. :bored:

I'll have to check them out in work or download Firefox and see if it works then (currently using Safari).

Balticsea
6th Oct 2007, 19:42
they're not working with either safari or firefox -not even explorer! :*

A and C
7th Oct 2007, 17:56
The reason for these so called tests is to smoke screen the airline personell departments into thinking that some sort of objective selection is happening.

The fact of the matter is the only thing that matters is the money, if you have it they will try to train you.

Funny thing is the modular course gets you the same licence at about half the price so the hard truth is some of you are paying a lot of money for a bit of job placemet at the end of the course................ plus you also get the training outfits telling you how much better you are than the second class modular students !

dhc1180
25th Mar 2008, 19:00
A and C.... I can assure you, if you don't have the maths or physics skills, they don't let you in, regardless if you have the money or not. Nearly everyone who opts for intergrated route, applies for a bank loan to HSBC....

Balticsea
18th Jul 2008, 09:59
erm, finally managed to have a look at the maths/physics examples, they seem ok, but are you allowed to use pen & paper when doing these? :uhoh:

kixters
18th Jul 2008, 15:18
yes they do have a pen and paper, in fact its unlimited! so you can easily solve the problems, they will not care whatever stuff you put on your paper cause at the end of your exam you'll just throw it to the bin.

Goodluck!

roll_over
18th Jul 2008, 16:18
Are these questions similar to the ones for other schemes like oxford etc because they aren't particularly hard?

321abc
19th Jul 2008, 22:46
I completed the assesment around a year ago.

They suggest C level maths and physics, to be honest, it wasn't extremely difficult, but i wouldnt suggest GCSE, some questions i encountered were deffinetely of lower A-level standards.

But they do give you a pen and paper, and aslong as you revise all they suggest, you should be fine!!

Good Luck.