View Full Version : Excalibur / Orion / TEA UK bash EMA !!

JB007
20th Jan 2000, 00:01
Watcha fella's

Looking at organising a bit of a bash in EMA pre-summer, possibly April for Company Ex. / Orion / TEA UK staff.

Drop me an e-mail if interested.

Anyone got any ideas of which pub to trash in Castle Don. please let me know.

Cheers

------------------
The World is not Enough

V1-VR-V8
21st Jan 2000, 18:56
The nicest pub in Castle Don is undoubtedly the Jolly Potter.

Camelot
21st Jan 2000, 21:59
It's long overdue!!!! I am still in contact with quite a few ex-EXC friends and will spread the word..... but can we decide on a date???? Also, the Jolly Potter is a good one but there is the risk of falling down the hill following a nights bevvies!!!

JB007
22nd Jan 2000, 02:17
Camelot,

Great News !!!

Start letting people know. How about the first weekend in April, thats 01st ( rather fitting don't you think !) or the 02nd. Not sure if most people are still on shift these day's.

Are you Company Ex ? If so do you or anybody know how I can find Joe and Andrew from accounts ?

I think I have :-
x1 Company Ex. Crewing Manager
x1 Company Ex. Rosterer
x2 Ex.Orion Ops Bods possibly 3
plus 1 long haired motorcycling jessy !!!
Not sure if Spiros will be in the country.
A certain Company Ex. Traffic Manager lives down the road and shouldn't be too hard to find. Keep in touch.

Cheers

------------------
The World is not Enough

Camelot
22nd Jan 2000, 04:13
JB007

I have got a contact number for Joe but I am not sure where Andy resides now. I am still in contact with Nina so she will have some contacts. 1st April is a Saturday so sounds great! I am still in contact with at least 5 ex-EXC people so will spread the word of 01 April. I know that Andy from crewing was at Transaer but I think he left some time ago. Will buy you a pint at the Jolly Potter!!!!

Camelot
22nd Jan 2000, 04:16
By the way ...... I know who the long haired motorcycle jesse is as well but lost contact. Hope he will be there!!

Low life
22nd Jan 2000, 04:33
Camelot
Is the Joe you refer to Joe "The Budgie" Brown? if so I can give Al timeter his number. I think we have a number for Smithy "The Beast of Burton".

Anjinsan
22nd Jan 2000, 18:32
Sounds good Giggler
I can make ctc with droid and even possibly arrange a day off for him, wot about el tel?

Anjin

Camelot
22nd Jan 2000, 23:30
Low Life

It is Joe "the Brummie" Brown but cannot give out phone numbers. I will contact him and let him know. Haven't seen him for a while!! Anyone know if RC and SC are still in Liege working for TNT?

JB007
23rd Jan 2000, 01:24
Camelot,

If you could give Joe a call it would be great to see him, he'll prob.have Andrews number.

Spoke to Thug a few days ago - he'll be there.

RC/SC are still in Leige - long shot but i'll drop him a SITA this weekend.

Low Life - If you could give Trev a call, I don't have a number in Burton for him.

Anybody got any ideas on where Terry is ? Does he still reside in Coleshill, if so Dir. Enquirys best bet I think.

Thanks for your help Guys,
Look forward to seeing you all again.
Thanks for the offer of Beer Camelot,
First round on me!. :)

Cheers

------------------
The World is not Enough

Camelot
23rd Jan 2000, 05:56
Great to hear Thug will be there ..... just hope that we can contact Terry. Have already passed the word round by e-mail so awaiting responses but I think we'll get a good crowd.

Looking forward to seeing you all again!!!

Camelot
27th Jan 2000, 00:01
Just to let you all know, everyone I have told about this bash is well up for it. I have secured about 10 ex-EXC already and still have people to contact.

Anyone else spoken to the "old crew" and do you think the "Jolly Potter" is suitable with the potential for a good attendance?

------------------

Anjinsan
27th Jan 2000, 20:00
Wot about Waynetta the Nav?? we should invite him as by that time Derby will be in Div3?

Camelot
27th Jan 2000, 23:48
Waynetta knows and says he'll be there!

JB007
28th Jan 2000, 02:34
:) Excellent News Cam, Thanks.

I've been in touch with Mr/Mrs C in Leige -
He's going to get back to me, looks a possibility.

Any Pub other than Turks Head !!!!!
Cheers

------------------
The World is not Enough

Camelot
28th Jan 2000, 04:41
Camelots Guide to the CD waterholes:
-----------------------------------
- Jolly Potter .. nice but small and up a big hill!! (could be dangerous when intoxicated)
- The Lamb .. only visited once but again a bit small if I remember rightly.
- The Nags Head .. Again at the top of a hill but could be suitable (fine pint of Pedigree here!!)
- The Moira .. No!
- The Priest House .. A bit out of the way and quite pricey but very nice.
- The Turks Head - JB007 disapproves! That will do for me.
- The (the one i've forgotten the name of near the co-op) .. could be favourite if someone could put my blank mind out of it's misery as to it's name!!!

Let's have some feedback.

p.s. Hope RC/SC can make it!

JB007
28th Jan 2000, 22:36
Watcha,

I used to live 10 yards from Nags Head -
I agree = fine pint of pedigree.....

Apparantly The Cross Key's used to be an old Orion drinking hole.....

Only been in once, and couldn't remember coming out again !!!!

Better check with Guido - he had a fling with most bar maids in CD !!!! :rolleyes:

------------------
The World is not Enough

Anjinsan
29th Jan 2000, 00:02

Wot about that Pub in Diseworth, not the Bull and Swan, the other one. This is the local airport pub and there could be some Nigels in there we could "mix" with....

You'd like that being a Nigel in disguise..

Have you mentioned it to Spiros yet, wot about Ken and Pete H??
PULL UP PULL UP

Anjinsan

Camelot
29th Jan 2000, 01:06
Anjinsan

Spoke to Waynetta today and he says hello. He didn't appreciate the Derby in Div 3 bit. Personally I disagree as well ...... Ryman Unibond League!!!!! Anyway, he'll be there on the 1 Apr.

Is that pub in Diseworth the one with the conservatory? If so I agree!

Where are you at now? And are you tracking the progress of those Eagles????

JB007
29th Jan 2000, 01:10
Or theres always The Plough !!!!!

Is Pete H still with SITA in London, I'll call this week.
Not sure where Ken went after EXC, any ideas ? !!!

------------------
The World is not Enough

JB007
29th Jan 2000, 01:28
Sorry forgot to mention the Fat Bloke.....

Messages left all over North America / Canada at the moment, he hasn't got back to me yet.

If we go to The Plough we can all crash at his mothers !!!!!!

Cheers

------------------
The World is not Enough

no sig
29th Jan 2000, 02:27
Lad's if you're looking for Andrew L, I'll be talking with him this week, I'll pass the word about the above.

Cheers

[This message has been edited by no sig (edited 28 January 2000).]

Anjinsan
29th Jan 2000, 20:05
Ken's at BAR BHX I'll get the Mrs to get him to loggin next time she see's him.
Camelot as one might say at the Eagles "who are you"!!. No I don't have time to watch these days with looming bankruptcy, i've seen the Forest more this season.

Anjin

Camelot
31st Jan 2000, 03:12
Anjin

"Who are ya, who are ya!!!" yes I have heard the Palace singin' that one. I am the ex-president of the Excalibur Airways NFFC supporters club!!! See you at the City Ground :)

Looking forward to blowing the froth off a couple of pints at the get together but can we go firm on the venue? Diseworth?

Watcher
1st Feb 2000, 21:08
Anjin Scrote.
Palace will get stuffed next Saturday. I can't make it to the do but you can buy mr a beer next time you're in Sai Kung.
Ello.

Anjinsan
5th Feb 2000, 00:38
Camelot

I've had the misfortune of seeing the Forest playing this season and they are

Anjinsan
5th Feb 2000, 00:47
Camelot

I've had the misfortune of seeing the Forest this season and they are pretty poor. Anyway, I'm moving to Charlton when the Eagles do an Excalibur.

Do me a favour and drop 007 your e mail address and 007 can you forward to me please.

I wanna talk to you

Cherio

Anjinsan
8th Feb 2000, 00:33
Camelot

Drop JB007 your e mail address will you for forwarding to me. I want to speak to you.
JB007 any firm date yet??

Anjin

JB007
9th Feb 2000, 17:57
Sorry to take so long, a certain B727 at STN made work a bit of a pain..... http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif

I think if everyone's in agreement, the 01st of April is good.

Haven't heard from Camelot yet Anjin.

Cheers

------------------
The World is not Enough

Camelot
11th Feb 2000, 04:34
Sorry guys but my e-mail is currently u/s. I hope to have it fixed soon and will advise. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/redface.gif

Word of this bash is spreading fast. The first round will be rather expensive!!!

Camelot
12th Feb 2000, 02:51
007 / Anjin

Pleased to report e-mail now working :)

You can contact me at- [email protected]

sorry for the delay but I thought delays and tech's were what this biz is all about!!

JB007
16th Feb 2000, 03:07
Is everybody happy with the decision to take-over The Plough in Diseworth ?
Cool by me....

Camelot,
What do you think to asking Mr Pilling, I know you used to work with him and it would be great to see him as i'm in the Midlands ?

Cheers

------------------
The World is not Enough

Camelot
18th Feb 2000, 03:32
Yes ..... I still talk to JP. I can invite him but he does have family commitments now so not sure if he will get clearance!!

Anyway, who shall I say is asking as I m at a loss as to who the real James Bond is???

The Plough is also fine by me - I will spread the word around my recruits!! :rolleyes:

JB007
18th Feb 2000, 05:26
Cam,

The Plough - Diseworth, 01st April.
I'll start spreading the word....

Of course, forgot he's got a young lad now..
If you let him know it's Richard, we were in Muscat together.

Cheers

------------------
The World is not Enough

[This message has been edited by JB007 (edited 18 February 2000).]

JB007
1st Mar 2000, 21:33
Chaps,

Run out of ideas on how to get hold of El Tel......anyone know where he's working these days, definatly still living in Coleshill but he's ex directory.

And finally got a direct number for Pete but keep missing him, i'll keep you updated.

------------------
The World is not Enough

Beavis & Butthead
6th Mar 2000, 03:51
It's only me ..... Camelot!!

I'm afraid Cam died with the PPRUNE outage the other week. However, he's back under the cover of Beavis & Butthead!!!!!

JB007 - I may have a number for El Tel. I will have to try and find my old contacts book - not sure if El Tel signed it.

Still trying to contact Mr Pilling. I understand that it is unlikely that RC & SC will be there infortunately. However, still loads going from my end of things!!!

JB007
6th Mar 2000, 22:33
B+B,

Bad news about Camelot....
Yep, i'm afraid I can confirm Mr + Mrs C will not be able to make it.
I had B'fast with Spiros this morning, he'll be there and offering beds for the night if anybody needs them.
If I manage to get in touch with PH he may have El Tel's number.....

------------------
The World is not Enough

Beavis & Butthead
7th Mar 2000, 03:39
Breaking news!!!!!!

Apparently El Tel joined Britannia at LTN around 1998/99. Not sure if he is still there but will try and find out. Also, Nicky B went to Brit as well.

JB007
8th Mar 2000, 01:46
B+B,

I think Tel went to Debonair after Britannia, thats where he was last time I heard, apparently he walked out !!!!

Forgot all about Nicky B, a bit after my time with EXC, she had a cute blonde mate who worked with her too - just a suggestion !!!

Anyone know where Barbarella or Clare is these days ?

Anjinsan - have you still got Jeff's home number ?

------------------
The World is Not Enough

Beavis & Butthead
8th Mar 2000, 04:43
:rolleyes: JB007 - you haven't changed have you. I think that the "Blonde" you refer to would be Katie??? Last heard of as cabin crew with Britannia. Waynetta still in contact - I will ask him to contact her. I have got Clare's number and will give her a ring. No idea where Babs is now though.

Is Trev going?? And where is Guy now?? Maybe Anjin knows. Would be great if JL was there!

As regards Tel - I knew it wasn't financial problems that ended Debonair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Still trying to find my contact book. Will adv.

JB007
9th Mar 2000, 02:30
Cheers B+B,

Guido's at Virgin, he'll be there....
I haven't got a number for Trev, but someone said in an earlier thread they'll let him know, Spiros has got his number I know for a fact so i'll chase that up...
Guido may have Barbarella's number...
If Katies coming, makes sure she brings her mate Lucy !!!!

------------------
The World is Not Enough

Beavis & Butthead
9th Mar 2000, 20:58
I had to think ..... Lucy?????? Oh yeah! I remember her ... will try to get an invite to her for you.

JB007
17th Mar 2000, 00:41
Just spoke to Smithy, he'll be there and looking for a bed for the night ?!!!!

B+B - how are we doing on numbers ?

------------------
The World is Not Enough

JB007
19th Mar 2000, 05:57
B+B,

Did you get your PPL ?

If yes, check out the PPRuNE wannabe's fly-in day thread

------------------
The World is Not Enough

Beavis & Butthead
20th Mar 2000, 03:59
Hi JB007

Ran out of readies with the PPL http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif but will definately go and finish it off when I get chance. Still very much a wannabe so will have a browse of the thread - thanks. How are your "wings" developing??

Waynetta is on the case of recruitment for the bash and e-mailed me last week to say that word is spreading fast and is generating a good deal of interest!! Is Ian still at LTN as I was thinking about giving him a call this week??

Looking forward to seeing everyone!!

JB007
20th Mar 2000, 04:27
Hiya B+B,

I heard recently that Ian had moved to Britannia as Commercial Manager but not 100% sure if thats true.

Good old Wayne, a few of the old Flight Crew have e-mailed me so I think the numbers should be good.

Keep in touch, i've got some hours to burn this summer if you fancy coming along for the ride.

Cheers

------------------
The World is Not Enough

Beavis & Butthead
21st Mar 2000, 00:46
Sounds good Mr Bond!!

Brummie Brown has just phoned me. He says that himself and Andy F will be there and that the word is spreading around the West Mids. Hope the weather is good as any latecomers will be boozing in the beer garden!!!

Will keep you updated.

B&B

JB007
27th Mar 2000, 00:52
Hi Guys,

Just to confirm :-

Saturday 01st April The Plough, Diseworth.
I was thinking 1930/2000 onwards if everyone is ok with that ?

Cheers

------------------
The World is Not Enough

Beavis & Butthead
27th Mar 2000, 23:08
See yo'all there!!

p.s. JB007, I like your post on the JMC livery thread.... very funny!!