PDA

View Full Version : Tangoland

FLB'S
20th Jan 2001, 02:44
Anybody out there in Tangoland want to give me an idea of your roster? how is the interaction between the people in the office, correct me if I'm wrong but you have engineers,crewing and ops all together, and no personal contact with crew is that right, whats the real story, would be interested to know,also I understand employees are given a psychometric personality test is that right and how much stock do your company place in its results? any info Ta.

------------------
"a camel is a horse designed by a commitee"
Alex Issigonis

no sig
20th Jan 2001, 03:14
FLB

Correct, easyJet Network Management Centre combines Ops,Air Traffic/Flight Planning cell, Crewing, Airport Liaison and Maintenace Operations Control in the one room. Works well for us. True we miss out on direct crew contact, that has it's good points and bad, for my own part I wish we did have more contact with the crew.

Roster H24 07-1900 1900-0700 5/4/5 pattern giving some weekends off.

The CPI test is a personality profile and I have to tell you it is really quite accurate. I was skeptical at first but have to confess to having been surprised at how good it is, notwithstanding, it is only a guide and it is not used exclusively in the selection of staff, probably something like a 25% contribution to the decision.

Hope that helps.

FLB'S
20th Jan 2001, 03:59
No Sig
many thanks yr reply.
I am at present on 4 on 4 off.
you look like a happy lot..may see you soon!
FLB

------------------
"a camel is a horse designed by a commitee"
Alex Issigonis