PDA

View Full Version : calling all FTE hopefulls

paulm2930
27th Sep 2007, 08:55
Hey to everyone on this site first of all,

So i've been a member of this forum for a while as i too am one of these hopefulls that are seeking a career in aviation. my question is to all those that are maybe embarking on a long tough ride to their dream job. I've applied and been accepted for pilapt assessments down in sunny spain at FTE, all well and good, until it struck me that if i am to be successful and gain a place on an intergrated course, which is going to be expensive enough, that i will need to also cough up yet more money for t/r. My question is what are the realistic chances that an airline foot the bill for these extra ratings that are crucial for that first job? does this happen at all anymore. as far as i'm aware FTE do not train for t/r, can Anybody with FTE experience post graduation shed some light on this.

any help appreciated

paul

Polorutz
27th Sep 2007, 08:56
have you thought of CTC aviation?

paulm2930
27th Sep 2007, 10:20
I have, but the chances of getting sponsored to go there are slim are they not.

AlphaMale
27th Sep 2007, 12:08
Very true, but you will be pretty much be guaranteed a job afterward (And probably with an airline willing to pay/bond for your TR).

Exhibitz
28th Sep 2007, 22:48
If we are talking about Jerez here, which I assume we are, most "graduates" that come out get jobs immediatly, it is certainly one of the best options out there for a career in aviation. Many pilots I know say that they would choose FTE over any others if they were to train back in the days. CTC is on paper, with garuntees, but there is no harm in giving it a shot, it's relatively "easy" dare I say to get to phase 3, at that point it's just a case of being yourself, so don't be afraid to apply. Although FTE doesn't "garuntee" a job opportunity, it is common for people to go straight into a job.

paulm2930
5th Oct 2007, 16:08
thanx all of you that replied
your advice has been well appreciated

paul