PDA

View Full Version : Q Management do it again- this time maintenance D checks

Max Q.f
27th Sep 2007, 07:42
As regular Qroom readers will have noted, there is a repeated rumour doing the traps regarding upcoming D checks on 744's.

It would appear that the incredible management expertise has realised that it costs less to push an aircraft against the fence.

It also saves fuel! :uhoh:

Combined with the old girl languishing at Avalon due lack of spares that will not fly again, it would appear that parking space is going to be a premium for the old Q.

Having destroyed heavy maintenance, there was a nice little gig servicing the aircraft in Singapore etc. Despite quality issues, the mental powerhouses pushed on. Not liking price, they decided to shop around. Finding no suitable (read cheap-as it is a cost issue, not quality) they allegedly found the slots now impossible to obtain!

Wonder how much Dixon will get as a bonus for even more aggressive cost cutting?..

Already short of capacity, yields will only improve!
The genius of these idiots continually amazes me. :ugh:

Sunfish
27th Sep 2007, 21:02
Geez! Think how much money Qantas could save if it put its entire fleet against the fence and fired all its Engineeers, Cabin Crew and Pilots!!!!!!!!!

domo
27th Sep 2007, 23:31
there is a capacity shortage due to late delivery of the A380, so the industry is in a sweet spot, qantas parks planes to reduce capacity pure genius

QFinsider
28th Sep 2007, 10:23
Err
It means the idiots have succeeded in painting themselves into a corner..

close heavy maintenance
send aircraft offshore (cheaper)
knockback Singapore's price for the D check-search the world for better
Go back to Singapore and be told we are sorry no slots available

In the interim yield in terms of actual $ earned from the seat flown are reduced as a nobrand low yield high volume concept gets all the cash the parent can throw at it, in a one track industrial policy that sees older and fewer aircraft at mainline...
Real pure unadulterated genius.....:ugh:

NAS1801
7th Oct 2007, 12:45
apparently, some ex Qantas Sydney heavy LAMEs have been contacted about the possibility of 747 heavy maintenance work in Sydney or Avalon! Looks like QF is getting desperate.

employes perspective
7th Oct 2007, 19:40
likes you get what you pay for,and this time it's going to cost the RAT,most people that are being phoned are demanding $80 per hr,good luck you dirty rat:D

U.K. SUBS.
7th Oct 2007, 23:28
For a 55 day C check at AVV around Jan,Feb. Good luck boys and girls.:E

LME-400
8th Oct 2007, 06:44
apparently, some ex Qantas Sydney heavy LAMEs have been contacted about the possibility of 747 heavy maintenance work in Sydney or Avalon! Looks like QF is getting desperate.The 'contact' was from the association not QF.

Possible 4 to 6 week contracts in Avalon or Sydney.

Possible is the key word. Survey results to be passed to QF as a possible way to keep work on-shore.

Apophis
8th Oct 2007, 10:49
working for forshaft for a short fixed term they are dreaming who is going to move down to avv for 50 odd days

LME-400
8th Oct 2007, 11:14
working for forshaft for a short fixed term they are dreaming who is going to move down to avv for 50 odd days

Forstaff had an ad on Seek.com the other day.

And their website is taking EOI's

http://www.forstaffaviation.com/main.asp?id=136

Apophis
8th Oct 2007, 11:22
that web site has not changed for more tha a year.

LME-400
8th Oct 2007, 11:40
Well, the Seek ad is new...:)

http://seek.com.au/users/apply/index.ascx?Sequence=35&PageNumber=1&JobID=10709888&cid=jobmail

woderwick
8th Oct 2007, 11:47
LME-400, you downplayed the rumor by telling us that the ALAEA made the calls, but now it seems forshaft are advertising too! There are tiny flames appearing below the smoke it seems. Also, maybe change your pprune alias mate... as soon as I saw it I knew who you are! Best to remain anonymous.

Apophis
8th Oct 2007, 12:15
yes the seek ad is new but they ran the same ad for people for the freighter converts and had nothing but problems in one month this year over 70 people left avv forshaft and the alaea can,t lie straight on a flat board.

LME-400
8th Oct 2007, 13:19
Best to remain anonymous.woderwick, thanks for your concern. But as I'm not here to sledge any person or company I don't feel threatened.

Also, I'm going to be two months short on work experience come license renewal time, so after December I'm back to being an AME. With what they get paid I think I'll pass on that gig.

Sunfish
8th Oct 2007, 21:40
Moving to Melbourne for a 55 day check? Whats wrong with a tent and a portable dunny out the back of the hangars?

The barbecues could be memorable.........if it weren't for the flys.

blueloo
8th Oct 2007, 23:48
THere was one of those QF ondecks internal weekly flyers the other week - it had a note from the Chief Pilot or Representative saying no such truth to the rumour about grounding the a/c.

Can anyone shed any additional light on this.............