PDA

View Full Version : Services Offered!

Dude
10th Jan 2000, 01:44
Hi!
Can anyone help me? I quit my career in Flight Operations with the illusion that I could become a pilot. So I loaned 50k from a bank, joined OATS and did the course with excellent results. But after seven months and a 100+ applications I kinda figured out that you need about 1000 hours to be interesting and that there is nowhere (at least not in my budget) to actually get up to that level of experience.
I have now decided to go back to Operations. It’s a enjoyable, interesting and dynamic world to work in, but I have now been told that I will not be hired, as they fear that I’ll be off to a flying job in one or two months!
Well, I am not, and, as I keep hearing that good Ops Staff is like gold dust, here’s my CV: 10 years experience in aviation, including ATC, Ramp, Flight Operations and three years as a Supervisor Flight Ops for a large handling agent, with 25+ Operations Officers and 100 flights a day to deal with. Expert knowledge of Weight & Balance (manual and automated, pax and freighters, wide and narrow body, licensed on following DCS: BABS/RTB/RTZ, Unimatic, Gaetan, EVApars, LH, Resiber, Arco), Flight Planning (including ETOPS), Performance A, CFMU/CEU/Slot Coordination, ATC, dispatch, ops co-ordination, instruction and whatever else is there. Extremely computer literate. Freelance weight & balance PC software developer (Excel). Excellent communication and team-working skills. Loyal, No-nonsense, go-getting trouble-shooter.
!!NEW IMPROVED!! Now also with the added benefits of ATPL knowledge!!
Guaranteed no frustrated ‘would-rather-be-flying’ type. Available on short notice, temporary contracts negotiable. Live in SW London area.

If anyone can help me out here…………………………..fantastic….any tips and hints to email address provided please!

ALTSELGREEN
10th Jan 2000, 16:38
Very impressive and congratulations on getting your licence...It took me 2 years to get a flying job when I qualified back in 1991-times were worse then than now and I hope it won't take you too long. I always admire the guys who put themselves through training- the motivation and determination is often ignored by Companies when really they are generally getting the best guys for the job. I had been in crewing ops and rostering for 13 years before. You have the best grounding and background than most.

Come on someone give him a flying job...
Dont waste all that experience.

Good Luck :)

Off Blox
10th Jan 2000, 22:28
Dude

Check yr e-mail - might be of use

boredcounter
11th Jan 2000, 00:10
Try Maersk Air LTD
2245 Coventry Rd
Birmingham
B26 3NG
FAO MR R KING
Ground Operations Manager
Ya never know

------------------
Speak the truth,accept the truth.....and only use one handle

JB007
11th Jan 2000, 02:28
Ditto with Off Blox....

------------------
The World is not Enough

Dude
12th Jan 2000, 01:39
Interesting....

[This message has been edited by Dude (edited 19 January 2000).]

Dude
19th Jan 2000, 14:03
But to speak with the wise words of Atselgreen above :

"Come on someone give him a flying job...
Dont waste all that experience."

More! More! More!

V1-VR-V8
21st Jan 2000, 19:02
Now I am all confused! Do you want a flying job or don't you!?