PDA

View Full Version : Looking to work for Copa Airlines ... need advise!

Panda180
27th Sep 2007, 01:13
Greetings all,

I am from Panama and I just came back from visiting family down there. I'm currently living in Florida working on my COM/MUL licence. I flew Copa down and back and, out of curiosity asked the crew on the way back what Copas minimumns were.

He said with just your commercial/multi you could get on flying in the right seat of an EMB-190, as they are VERY short handed at the moment. :ok:

In then midst of all the excitment going on in my head, I failed to ask the Capt. for an email address or some form of contact information to keep an open line with someone at Copa, so that way when i'm done with my ratings I would have an into the company.

What i'm here to ask is if anyone has any info on Copa and there current hiring outlook, also, what would be the BEST way to get an IN to the company - as I have a feeling having a recommendation is half the battle in getting an interview.

I noticed that on an earlier post someone posted Wilbert Branca's (chief pilot) email address. Would you guys recommend me emailing him with what my goals are and how intrested I am in flying for Copa??

Again, if anyone has ANY sort of information regarding the current hiring status at Copa, PLEASE let me know!

Thanks in advance!

DATF
27th Sep 2007, 16:45
Here is the info www.nuestrohub.com (http://www.nuestrohub.com) user ID:APLICANTE Password: EXTERNO.

Panama Jack
4th Oct 2007, 08:10
I would say go ahead and e-mail Capt. Branca, despite the fact that he seemingly doesn't answer his e-mails, according to what I've been told by friends. This is a pathological problem with airlines in Latin America, despite the fact that they need personnel, they maintain an aire of aloofness. As far as I know, the 787's won't fly themselves either . . . yet.

Make sure that you mention that you are Panameņo, if that is the case.