PDA

View Full Version : stop wannabe pilots at ops control!

vipero
18th Jan 2001, 21:17
Hey, those wannabe pilots are the new Flight Dispatch virus...
but at the end they can make their own flight plans and briefings when they gain their *censored* wings...

Pilots, cabin crews...they do not even know their names without a dispatcher telling them who they are and where to go...the only thing they know is : "can you get a better slot?"...geez, I love to be a dispatcher, I love to have a brain!

offload
19th Jan 2001, 04:00
vipero
Next time you take a loadsheet on to the flight deck, take with you the following two items;
1. (for skipper) colouring by numbers/join the dots book.
2. (for F/O) a piece of paper with 'please turn over' written on both sides.
Keep them amused for hours - believe me they will thank you for them - also some ground based activities for them;
1. give them three shovvels and tell them to take their pick.
2. put them in a circular room and tell them to stand in the corner.
Then make them laugh by telling them how much you're paid.
Come the revolution,
offload

[This message has been edited by offload (edited 19 January 2001).]

Deeko01
19th Jan 2001, 08:03
You're all a bit full of **** really aren't you??

SKYYACHT
19th Jan 2001, 12:13
Hmm. I worked in Flight Operations for a Major Airline for a number of years, and was involved in everything from flight planning to crew briefing, and was consistently treated with respect from ALL the crew members that I met from Day to Day. They, like all true professionals know that we all operated as a team, and we couldnt operate effectively without each others skills. I stay in touch with some of them, and have flown their own personal aeroplanes from time to time. I suggest that perhaps a modification in the way that you deal with your flying colleagues may reap a reward. Respect is earned not a right. And yes, there are many "Wannabe" pilots working in flight operations as Agents, Officers and Despatchers. It is true that some of them are arrogant and overbearing. However, the attitude displayed by the likes of Vipero et al makes me sure that I wouldnt want to share my flight deck for two or three hours with somebody with such an immature outlook..

Tailwinds.

http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

vipero
19th Jan 2001, 13:12
Of course I don't want to offend anyone, but from the replies you can tell who's a dispatcher and who's a pilot http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/redface.gif)

The main problem with wannabe pilots at ops control is that it takes a good deal of time to train a good dispatcher/flight coordinator, and when they leave (and you know they're gonna do it) you have to start again and again and again...

that's life, they're not to blame 'cause they're pilots... http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/redface.gif)

offload
20th Jan 2001, 05:53
Oh dear,
some people have no sense of humour.
Bet you're a laugh down the routes.
offload

SKYYACHT
20th Jan 2001, 12:56
Vipero,

We all have to start somewhere, and the average wannabee pilot, is interested in all aspects of aviation in general, and in particular, those aspects that will help him/her towards the goal of driving the thing. This means that you will find many aspiring pilots in all sorts of areas, from Aircraft Cleaners and Baggage Loaders through checkin and ticket desk, and into the hallowed rooms of Flight Operations. Yes, it is frustrating when a fully trained and experienced despatcher leaves, but this is a truism of Any technical type of job. Dont get me wrong, I can sympathise, as I have a) worked in Flight Ops as a Despatcher, and b) have run into a small minority of total a**holes he give all of us a bad name. My posting was really as a result of the less than charitable wording on the forum!

Tailwinds.
:)

AMEX
21st Jan 2001, 00:53
I haven't worked in flight ops but I certainly did apply for it while I was working at check in. I also worked as cabin crew and I enjoyed both experiences. Vipero, I also got to think that it will make me a better airline pilot as I have experienced both side of a flight departing on time, you seem to think not but I think you are wrong. Wannabee pilots in ops or wherever else are like anything, there s some nice ones and some nasty ones.

------------------
If you can't save the engine...save the airframe :)

vipero
22nd Jan 2001, 08:37
Offload, the revolution must come!
We're ready, angry and hungry (have ya ever seen a dispatcher well fed considering his pay, except in USA?) :)
Seeya pal
Ciao