PDA

View Full Version : Multi Engine CPL

Crashnburn22
26th Sep 2007, 18:13
Hi, just wondering if someone who has passed a JAA multi engine CPL course is allowed to fly a single engine commercially. I know the FAA expects their pilots to get single engine "add ons", do the CAA do the same??

CAT3C AUTOLAND
26th Sep 2007, 18:28
Yes you can fly a single. Its like the IR, you can fly a single engine aeroplane and exercise the privelages of you instrument rating if you have a multi IR.

BEagle
26th Sep 2007, 21:12
No, if you only have a MEP Class Rating included in your licence, you have no SEP Class privileges.

You will need to pass the SEP Class Rating Skill Test and apply to the CAA to have the SEP Class Rating included in your licence.

Each Rating has its own validity period and revalidation requirements.

geordiejet
27th Sep 2007, 11:09
Can I also just check - if I get a Single Eegine CPL - will that enable me to fly multis commercially? As one of the biggest schools in the UK only mentions the single engine CPL on its website, I assume holding a single engine CPL is not a disadvantage to a pilot????

MrHorgy
27th Sep 2007, 11:19
I hope so, I have a single engine CPL with ME class rating and MEIR!

Horgy

BigGrecian
27th Sep 2007, 16:42
I hope so, I have a single engine CPL with ME class rating and MEIR!

No you don't.

You have a Commercial licence.

You have a SE(P), ME(P) and ME(SPA) IR ratings.

The ratings and licences are seperate.

MrHorgy
27th Sep 2007, 16:43
Excellent, I thought as much :)

Horgy

Crashnburn22
16th Oct 2007, 14:40
Thanks for getting back to me guys, only problem is that there appears to be a disagreement between some of you. BEagle says you need a single engine add on with your CPL but BigGrecian argues that because ratings are seperate from licenses a SEP added to your PPL is still valid for your CPL aswell. Has anyone else got any ideas?? Thx

BlueRobin
16th Oct 2007, 14:57
Exam 10 (CAAFU Examiner Graham Clifford) says you can transfer the SEP rating from you PPL to your CPL. FACT.

Email the PLD at the CAA for confirmation. It may take a few days but it is better than guessing here. :)

neilia
19th Oct 2007, 09:36
Thanks for getting back to me guys, only problem is that there appears to be a disagreement between some of you.

Read again - BEagle and BigGrecian are in complete agreement.

You need an SEP class rating to fly a single.
You need an MEP class rating to fly a multi.
A CPL allows you to exercise the privileges of the ratings you hold commercially.

It's likely that you already hold an SEP class rating from your PPL days. Once you pass a CPL, you still have an SEP (assuming it hasn't lapsed), only now you can exercise it commercially, regardless of the class of aeroplane you took the CPL in.