PDA

View Full Version : Advice wanted from ops workers .....

Charlie_Big_Potato
17th Jan 2001, 16:24
I currently work in a Sales Department for an airline and there are a lot of changes going on within the company at the moment. To cut a long story short, I have been offered a job in the Ops Dept as an Ops Officer and although I don't have to take the job, due to the current circumstances within the company there may not be my job available in Sales any longer.

So basically I have the following questions -

1. I'm currently on 15k p.a + good commissions. What do you think I should ask for salary wise, bearing in mind that I will lose most of my comission and will have to do 12 hr shift work rather than M - F '9 til 5' ?

2. From your point of view, what are the advantages of working in Ops ?

3. I need to make sure I look after my own intrests here. As it will be difficult to turn down this job, what other aspects do I need to take into account before making the change ?

Any help will be much appreciated ......

SNOOPY 22
17th Jan 2001, 18:54
Dear C.B.P
Hmmmmm your airline sounds quite familiar
Well if you like the nitty gritty of aviation & wanna learn a lot then ops is the place for you, but as im sure people from other Ops depts will tell you, you get blamed for most things so dont accept the job if you're not prepared to be grumbled at.

As for salary, it varies from anything between 8k for new Assistants to 25k for experienced controllers so I would suggest you should be in 15/16k bracket since you already know the how your airlines operates by your commercial experience.

Hope this helps, If you want more info -
only to pleased to help so just ask