PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody heard of Kunpeng Air?

airships2007
26th Sep 2007, 02:01
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone has anything on Kunpeng Airlines. I believe they are a new start-up of Mesa (USA) and Shenzen Airlines (PRC). Was wondering what their requirements are and whether or not its possible for an ExPat with FAA ATP 4,000 hours and 3,000 MEL would have a chance of getting hired as FO. The down side is I have only 200 Turbo-prop. Almost all of my flying was done in Alaska as a P-135 PIC. Any and all info is greatly welcomed! By the way, I currently live in Beijing and have a Chinese Validation of my license.

deltazulu
4th Oct 2007, 18:27
possible,try and be ready for the 10year contract if you are willing

airships2007
6th Oct 2007, 02:15
10 yrs. Would that be inforceable for an expat?

citationXtreme
6th Oct 2007, 04:21
Dear Airship,
Kunpeng is run by some ex-staff of BPIAA. Lets put it this way, the person running that place is a snake named Ding. They have sent tons of emails to instructors at BPIAA to jump ship but none has done so far except two! One is trying to come back and the other one is now the Chief Flight Instructor although he has very little experience. From what I heard, BPIAA instructors are happy that both of them jump ship coz these two are in their 'own world' always! Ding can be asking the well beings of your family, wife, children etc and less than 2 minutes later, when he gets back to his office, instruct the HR to fire you just because he doesn't like your face! You should stay away from that place since you have so much experience. Go somewhere where you know the people running and leading the place is not going to turn around and screw you! Good luck with your job search. Try Langkawi or Jordan! Tailwinds and blue skies!