PDA

View Full Version : CL600 Series TR

Spam Up
25th Sep 2007, 19:40
Hi All

Can anyone explain the TR course's for this series of aircraft, is there one TR which covers the whole series ?

Seems like a good rating to have, lots of them about these days.

Thanks in advance

Spam Up

unablereqnavperf
26th Sep 2007, 10:30
Only if you have experience with the type a bare bones self sponsored type rating is worth jacksh1t!

I wish people would see that this route is not worth it! Biz Aviation today is not a quick route to the airlines that you imagine. the quicker we get rid of all these I'll buy my type rating fools the better!:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

I KEEP SAYING THE SAME THING CHOOSE AN OPERATOR THAT IS WORTH WORKING FOR A BEAT THE DOOR UNTIL YOU SUCCEED THATS WHAT I DID AND MOST OF MY FELLOW PILOTS THAT I WORK WITH!!! THAT WAY THEY WILL PAY YOUR RATING AND YOUR SALARY PLUS YOUR EXPENCES!

PEOPLE WHO BUY RATINGS ARE GOING TO KILL THIS INDUSTRY WHICH AS FAR AS TERMS AND CONDITIONS GO IS ALREADY IN ITS DEATH THROWS!!

Flintstone
26th Sep 2007, 10:58
Not sure if Spam Up falls into that category or not but in principle I wholly agree.

Business aviation is not merely a stepping stone to the airlines. In fact you need MORE experience, common sense and other things in your bag of tricks to operate safely.

As for those buying their own type ratings and flying on the cheap kindly do the rest of us a favour and go elsewhere.

south coast
26th Sep 2007, 11:08
I heard the Mongo Wogchops TRTO was an excellent school to attend in order to gain experience and type ratings.

artip
26th Sep 2007, 11:18
Mongo wogchops offer a special type rating for the DA-604XP with differences course 550SPX-B-XL. Very cheap!

Afronomes rule,
MRL:E

Spam Up
26th Sep 2007, 11:33
well well well !

unablereqnavperf, you always seem to jump on any thread regarding a TR, you know nothing of my situation, you always rant and rave about the SSTR and it is oooh so easy when you are at your level to look down and pass judgement on others, personally I have no interest in the airlines and want to stay in the bizjet world, so im exploring all avenues. So give it a rest, I was only asking a question, if you cant answer it ..................... go and jump on someone else !

Spam Up

CL300
26th Sep 2007, 12:04
dear Spamup,

the fact is , If you ask if this Type Rating is good, you do not seem to know much about the industry as itself.
If you are employed in this industry already and looking for a step up (unavailable in your current company), pass and ace the selection of various operators that would be VERY happy to have you on board, and would pay for everything even the lodging and beverages during the course.

If you are not employed in this industry, i do strongly suggest to read more, learn more, write less, and start to become a bizjet pilot; spoonfeeding is not an option in this world. If you still need a bottle...well... it is not going to be Easy.

Some people who left NJE recently for a greener grass are starting to learn the hard way ( I'm not talking about Flinstone...) Easy is not Easy, but the money is good...

sawaya
26th Sep 2007, 14:31
Hi unablereqnavperf it seems you are the self apponted pilots activists you are very quick to condem pilots who want to get self funded type rating,there are very many reasons as to why people opt for self funded type ratings, i believe no one loves to folk out cash to pay for the rating,if you really do want all this to change why dont you run for chairmanship post for BALPA, and push your agendas from there instead of using anymous forums:ugh::ugh:

Spam Up
26th Sep 2007, 14:43
Hi All

Sawaya....................it wasnt so long ago he was giving you a severe talking down to now was it, but a good reply from yourself !

I would be interested to hear the ages of the pilots who have all posted negative comments to anyone who is thinking of the SSTR, also how long have they been in the game ?

As ive said before, no one wants to do a SSTR but in some cases it is a bearable option.:{

So is anyone gonna answer my question ? and just for your information, Im NOT planning to do a SSTR on one of the CL600 series.:p

Spam Up

Sawaya ! did you ever get to speak to any of those operators regarding the CJ ?

Crosswind Limits
26th Sep 2007, 16:34
Why don't you approach some of the CJ operators. If your face fits they may well offer you a job if you agree to self-fund the TR. I know of at least one mate of mine who did just that!

BizJetJock
26th Sep 2007, 19:54
To answer the original question with no agenda, the 600 and various 601 models (-1A, -3A, and -3R) are one type rating. The 604 and 605 are a completely separate type rating, and under JAR require a differences course.
There is plenty of Challenger work around at present, but again any reputable company would prefer experience on type or is prepared to pay for the rating if they think you're a good person for their operation.

Spam Up
26th Sep 2007, 19:58
Thanks for the info !............................at last !

sawaya
26th Sep 2007, 20:39
hi spam up i am still hunting them down,very tiresome process.

PicMas
27th Sep 2007, 01:46
You ask about opinions on the SSTR and the age and position of those offering same.
I'm 32, and currently on my first typerating course (on a Learjet 60 Weeeee :) )
I have, on numerous occasions, offered my opinion on this anonymous forum about the SSTR. It took me 10years in GA to get a decent job-offer ffrom a reputable bizjet operator. Now I'm in the game, I kindly ask of you: please don't ruin my T&C, please don't feel that everybody that gives you this advise are on their high horse.
In fact, I'll share a story with you. About a year ago, I was offered a job on a KingAir, seemed like a good deal and some good turbine time. They demanded I sponsored my own T/R, I declined. They called me a copuple of times over the next weeks and negotiated pay etc. still asking that I pay for the rating (in return they would offer a written jobguarantee:yuk::yuk:) I still declined. They then offered to pay my rating and in return bond me for a year, I accepted and was waiting for a startdate, never heard from the company again, called them and was told that they had an applicant willing to sponsor his own rating, and I was back pushing resumes to everybody and his brother. Was that you??? If yes, thanks COLLEAGUE!!!!!!
I think I'm entitled to an opinion on the SSTR-suckers.... and so are you

Spam Up
27th Sep 2007, 07:55
Good post Picmas and well done on getting the Lear job !

Like I said, I have no intenion of paying for the Challenger rating, so dont worry about little old me ruining you T&C's.

Spam Up

south coast
27th Sep 2007, 09:06
Picmas

Now I dont agree with paying for ratings, but I can understand someone who has invested a huge amount of money into their training, perhaps given up their job, mortgaged the family house and cannot afford to just do nothing.

In order to increase his chances he may feel a type rating may do that for him.

We all do things in one way or another to try and make ourselves slightly better than the next guy.

Why dont you put a limit on how much money we spend on a suite for an interview so one person doesnt look better than the next.

Get real, paying for ratings is here to stay and it is too late to start preaching and taking the moral high ground, it is firmly bedded into the aviation employment world.

PicMas
27th Sep 2007, 17:34
Get real, paying for ratings is here to stay and it is too late to start preaching and taking the moral high ground, it is firmly bedded into the aviation employment world.
Now, thats what I call a self-fulfilling prophecy:ugh:

south coast
27th Sep 2007, 17:58
I dont understand what you mean.

Are you implying that I have bought a type rating?

His dudeness
27th Sep 2007, 18:08
In the real bad times just after 911, I had several "offers" on my table.
To be honest I put every single CV offering to pay for a TR, one also offered working for just the flat rent for 6 months, where they belong, in the bin...
The guy next door to our outfit did the opposite thing. He certainly had lower costs from that. The next time some jobs became available, all his guys fled. No damage done, the next idiots willing to pay waited already.

So it might be a reality, but I certainly donīt like it.
I just completed rating #6 and I never paid a rating nor will I.
I would accept a bond for a FAIR amount of time, say one year, consider that the fair solution to the dilemma.
But I never could understand why on earth I should save the very guy some money that just bought a several million dollar machine (which heīd use to lower his taxes anyhow). In my last outfit they bonded the guys after me for the refresher trainings. Give me a break, whats next? Bonding for the medical?

Prostitute and Pilot start with a P, make your own choice...

rant over....

Crosswind Limits
27th Sep 2007, 18:12
south coast,

I don't think PicMas means that. What I think he means is that the perception that paying for ratings is now widely accepted in the industry means that more newbies are willing to do it and therefore it becomes even more accepted by employers and consequently even more newbies go down that route and I could go on..............

This would be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Flintstone
27th Sep 2007, 18:17
PicMas, I think there may be some misunderstanding here as to what south coast is saying which is fair enough as he struggles to communicate at the best of times ;)

My interpretation of his post is that he doesn't agree with the idea of self sponsoring a type rating but reluctantly accepts that the practice is here to stay. I'm pretty certain that he has not paid for his rating(s) as he does have rather deep pockets and short arms.

Spam Up
27th Sep 2007, 18:33
Hi all

Isn't it common practice for the company to pay for your type rating, then pay you a reduced salary for a period...............................and bond you also ?

So with them paying a reduced salary for a period, arent you paying for the TR anyway ?

Im not saying it is the right thing coz i sure as hell dont like it, but it is common practice to SSTR these days, as much as we all whinge about it, it will always happen.

As we all know the aftermath of 9/11 brought severe job losses in the airline industry, but what did it do to the bizjet market ? what were your experience's ? did you loose your job ? what companys in Europe were hardest hit ?

Spam Up

PicMas
27th Sep 2007, 19:17
"Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate??" <-- With whiny British voice

I'm not suggesting that any named individual bought anything, as described a couple of posts up.