PDA

View Full Version : Flyglobespan query

starbusuk
25th Sep 2007, 18:04
New to the forum so go easy with me!

I'm booked with Flyglobespan GLA to SFB in April 2008. I know that last year they got a bit of flack from passengers about changing from the advertised B767 to the B757 and the subsequent loss of seat pitch in business class.

Well I decided to go for economy. I believe its a 2 class service being advertised now. Are their 767s still at Air India, if so until when? Can anyone tell me what seat pitch, what plane and what kind of service I can expect.
Thanks in advance :ok:

GW76
25th Sep 2007, 18:55
Current schedule is for the 757 to operate the SFB in a 2 class service. Thsi however will still be subject to change now South Africa dropped. One 767 will go to Air India and the the one from AI will come back, and will not have much to do so may appear on SFB. Going by current trends the 738 might even appear with a stop at KEF and BGR.:rolleyes:

starbusuk
26th Sep 2007, 16:19
Thanks GW76, I guess I'll just have to wait and see what I get!
The fact that no seat selection available yet tells me that even GSM don't know! Just hoping its a 767 and god forbid, not a 737 :eek:

VS-LHRCSA
5th Oct 2007, 15:06
Yikes, a 757 on SFB, that takes me back. I'm assuming that a tech-stop is involved. Not the most competitve or effecient way to service the route but I hope the fare was low enough for you. C class on a 757 is kinda nice because it feels more intimate, almost like a private jet - just don't look behind you.

starbusuk
5th Oct 2007, 18:45
To be honest, the fare was comparable to VS out of LGW, but the hassle & extra cost of the domestic flights made the decision for me!

Unfortunately, GSM are the only year-round operator direct from GLA to Orlando. The VS flights GLA-MCO operate infrequently and the price is about £200+ per seat more than a comparable LGW flight. Most unfair:*

Never mind. I'm sure by then GSM will have sorted out all their little problems:hmm: