PDA

View Full Version : business aviation and pilots

Bird Of Paradise
25th Sep 2007, 13:50
Hey there! Dear Pilots and other people in aviation, I'm pretty new in aviation, especially in business aviation. And thus have plenty of questions. Are there any examples of contracts with pilots (airhostess, mechanical engineer etc.) for private a/c? What are the demands (condition, terms etc.) from the crew to the management and from management to the crew? How to become GOOD manager at business aviation? What do usually owners of private a/c expect? How do you see IDEAL work of a TEAM in business aviation?

Thanks a lot!

Gulfstreamaviator
25th Sep 2007, 18:11
You have asked the big question, there is no easy answer, the best corporate job I even had was in Moscow, also was the worst.
The pax are either fantastic or just bad, the aircraft are usually good, the back up support, can be excellent, and usually is, but the management company after one year, sees that it can make more money, and so start shafting the crew.
A private owner is often the best employer, but the Russian ones expect 24 hr duty, and 101% dedication to their needs, this sometimes is not what the 20 on 10 off pilot wants to do.

So to try and answer your question, demand the best possible deal, and remember the quality of life is almost as important as the funds you receive.
A good owner respects his crew, as he eventually realises they save his life every flight.
Team work can be a serious problem, as often the management / owner has a different agenda than the crew. Try to maintain mutual trust, and then you will last slightly longer.

As an aside the best corportate pilots I have ever flown with have been Russian, so if you are Russian, go for it, and I wish you the best of luck.
glf

Bird Of Paradise
26th Sep 2007, 14:14
Thanks a lot! Experience sounds in your reply :-) All the best for you!

gigi116
7th Oct 2007, 00:39
Each pilot could plan 10 days off in advance for each month and 2 period of 15 days free for vacations. When they are "on call" THEY ARE NOT OFF....REMEMBER ! This means happy pilots and good work atmosphere.

I also need to know what kind of operations (private or airtaxi) and how many hours you expect to fly with your plane. I'll give you all other answers !