PDA

View Full Version : DRC LET 410 crash!

Speedbreak
25th Sep 2007, 11:58
DRC:
Apparently a LET 410 crashed yesterday in DRC, probably in the Katanga region!
The only news is that the co-pilot died in the accident!
A little bit more on this:
9Q-CVL , lost an engine on take off from Lubumbashi!
They were going for theyre last flight in DRC, the plane was already sold to a company in Ivory Coast.
Just before a friend of mine saw the guy refueling the plane with bucket (no filter), from a drum!:eek:
May be fuel contamination!
The Captain is seriously injured and in deep coma!

RICCARDOVOLANTE
25th Sep 2007, 16:01
please company name and or piots names
thanks

fly2fly
25th Sep 2007, 19:06
Free Airlines
Captain Foto

SmilingKnifed
25th Sep 2007, 20:30
I have a horrible feeling that this was the two nice blokes we met at Mbandaka the other day. And we get bollocked for demanding proper fuel facilities and a chamois leather:rolleyes:

Thoughts, as ever, are with the families. RIP

Speedbreak
25th Sep 2007, 23:57
More infos:

http://aviation-safety.net/database/record.php?id=20070924-1

samosa
26th Sep 2007, 16:24
Sorry to be sarcarstic, already how much A/C down in DRC this year ? it is a wery sad day for the DRC aviation.

When it will be the end?

does someone knows what happend with the DRC airline audit done by the UN last winter?

Cheers

Sam

MrNosy2
27th Sep 2007, 10:01
Some press reports claim the aircraft overran the runway on landing at Malemba Nkulu and ended up in a cemetery (why are cemetries always just off the end of runways? Is this the same thing as aircraft 'just missing' schools/hospitals that the media love to report?). Is there an airstrip at Malemba Nkulu or was this a forced landing away from an airstrip that the press have misunderstood? Would welcome some more details of the accident circumstances if anyone has them.

Speedbreak
28th Sep 2007, 09:47
I have a "report" from the crash ,with pictures, done by a Doctor!
(In french only)

If your are interested , send me a message with a email adress!

Cheers!

FR&ASS.
28th Sep 2007, 10:03
The UN report is available on the internet, it basically confirms the believe that the DRC CAA is in complete disaray and non existing.

Speedbreak
28th Sep 2007, 11:49
...Just to be precise, the report I have is not made by the DRC CAA !
It's not a news that they are inexistant!
No need to read a UN report for that!... But FR&ASS, do you mind to share the link to the UN report for the others!?
Thank you!

chevara
28th Sep 2007, 14:58
yes i'm interested to have more inf (pics,report) of the crash in malenba nkulu .
Best
chevara :ok:

Speedbreak
28th Sep 2007, 15:56
Check your mailbox Chevara

chevara
28th Sep 2007, 16:56
Speed,
Did you receive my mail?
Chevara

CJ750
1st Oct 2007, 05:26
SPEEDBREAK

Can you e-mail me that report as i will need to pass it on to company officials that are going to the now booming Lubumbashi and Kolwezi regions.

Thanks in advance

CJ750:ok::ok:

Baron Von Mildred
5th Oct 2007, 00:05
I can confirm that there is definately a strip at malemba Nkulu, laterite if I remember right, can't remember how long (I was in a C206, length not normally a problem).