PDA

View Full Version : AIMS

VdG
16th Aug 2000, 22:33
I believe that this one has been asked before but ............ request an update on the efficacy of purchasing the ( relatively ) expensive AIMS crewing/rostering/ops etc etc system for a smallish executive charter operation with about 30 crew and a very easy roster to prepare and control manually.

Seeking objective cost benefit advice from current or past users, especially in the context of our current operation - please.

OC41
17th Aug 2000, 00:02
Don't bother for 30 crew, all your going to get perhaps is a nicely printed roster.
Both CDC AIMS and RM are flogging their products cheaper these days to get market share but you'd be there smallest client. If they gave it to you for nothing then yes, but can't see John Bethanis doing THAT!

Ballymoss
17th Aug 2000, 00:48
VdG,
for your size of operation don't bother, the cost would far outweigh the benifit.
OC41 ...learn to spell

swizzle stick
17th Aug 2000, 17:25
Try the following website: www.aviationsystems.co.uk (http://www.aviationsystems.co.uk) they are based at ema and alot cheaper than AIMS/RM etc can do a small system for your size for about £1000 or less per month give them a call.

OC41
18th Aug 2000, 12:55
Ballymoss or is that Ballytoss??

Aviation Systems - um, er, is that Cpt M Rogers esq??. DON'T

Ballymoss
18th Aug 2000, 22:46
OC41,
do you refer to the ginger haired one from the EMA area. Still hasn't got it right. You're spelling's not that bad, must have had one too many.........

swizzle stick
19th Aug 2000, 01:19
OC41 is aviation systems not worth the time. From what i have heard he says his system is one of the best around for cheapness, is this the case or fiction. Would be glad to hear yours or anyones comments as was looking at system a few months back.

Whooaahh
24th Aug 2000, 20:01
SS,

To quote your message "he says his system is one of the best around for cheapness"..Is he really using this as an positive advert?? Shouldn't he be saying his systems are "a functionally rich but cost effective solution for small to medium sized airlines"

If he is selling on price steer well clear.

Our Flight Briefing, Ops Control and Crew Management systems are functionally rich, fully integrated and far from being the cheapest on the market but they are certainly not the most expensive either.

We have customers ranging from 1 aircraft to 100+ and have pricing and functionality to suit all.

If I was buying a car in Germany, I may not be in the market for a Mercedes but I would certainly prefer to buy a Volkwagen rather than a Trabant!!

Whooaahh!!!

[This message has been edited by Whooaahh (edited 24 August 2000).]

OC41
25th Aug 2000, 01:57
SwizzleStick

I really cannot comment on Aviation Systems products as I have not seen them so this would be out of order. I have experience many many years ago of the same Compnay with a different name and it ended in court. I think Air 2000 went that way as well many moons ago.
I stand by my previous comments that for 30 staff its not worth the grief, stick to pencil and stickers.

Hows that Ballymoss?

OC

Ballymoss
25th Aug 2000, 14:21
OC41 - Not bad, just one small error line two.

Binary
30th Aug 2000, 21:22
Just a question. Does AIMS provide Flight Briefing info (MET NOTAM etc) if so is it any good. Are there any better?

OC41
1st Sep 2000, 23:30
Like it!
OC41

Whooaahh
2nd Sep 2000, 18:14
Binary...

Send me an private email and I'll advise you who has the best Dispatch services...

I can't advertise our services here!!

Whooaahh!!!