PDA

View Full Version : HKE and HKA merge???

Park n Shop
25th Sep 2007, 07:41
I hear through the grapevine that on Friday 28th there will be an announcement regarding the merger of HKE and HKA.
Seems inevitable, as the airlines can't compete with other local airlines.
I wonder, after they cull all the middle management, If there will be any spare cash for better terms and conditions. The way things are going they will be parking aircraft soon because all the drivers are resigning and going home or to Dragon.

Stay tuned interesting times ahead.

hongkongfooey
25th Sep 2007, 08:09
If there will be any spare cash for better terms and conditions

Thats a bit harsh Parky, a HKA Captain gets nearly as much as a Dragoon effo, only about 10K short :{:{:{

boocs
25th Sep 2007, 09:23
"The way things are going they will be parking aircraft soon because all the drivers are resigning and going home or to Dragon."

Which is amusing, considering the number of KA pilots that have been resigning of late. Something about 10% (or thereabouts) of flights cancelled this month due lack of crew....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

b.

beerboy
25th Sep 2007, 09:46
I guess its what people are used to. If you start at HKA/HKE, then the grass is definitely greener at KA. Just down to pure terms and conditions. You might work a lot harder, but the housing, salary, other benefits far outweigh what is on offer at HKA/HKE.
No matter how bad things are at KA, I doubt anyone there would willingly join HKA/E. Anyone at KA disagree and I'm willing to eat humble pie.

hongkongfooey
26th Sep 2007, 03:12
Spot on my Beery friend !!
Even the " lure " of a command would not draw the most bitter KA pilot to HKA/HKE, I mean, why the hell would you take a 50K a month pay cut to come to the land of broken promises and crap pay :confused:
Even a DEC would be looking at a substantial pay cut, not too mention the distinct lack of annual leave, sick leave, bonuses, staff travel, education allowance, etc etc etc :{:{

Left Wing
27th Sep 2007, 23:45
what's the latest on this.

Allou dri
28th Sep 2007, 04:46
nothing to announce yet, just social cocktail with bankers .....guess what will happen next:rolleyes:

NoseGear
28th Sep 2007, 05:17
I would say, judging by the paint scheme I saw today that its a done deal. Take one HKE tail logo, paint it yellow on a red tail, and put HKA in big bold letters down the side:ok: Subtle that one:rolleyes:
It certainly does look better than the blood covered, epileptic worm on canvas they did have! Mind you, anything is better than pink!!!:E:ok:
Nosey

Apple Tree Yard
28th Sep 2007, 21:43
With the rate of attrition over there will there be anything left to merge?

pilotinasia
1st Oct 2007, 17:23
any news on the merge or it is just rumour being spread around ?

naild
2nd Oct 2007, 14:22
Just out of interest what pay are HKA/HKE FO's on vs KA FO's.
Is the pay at HKE and HKA really that bad?:sad:

Dan Winterland
2nd Oct 2007, 18:10
Perhaps the Q to ask is how do HKA/E Captain's pay compare with KA F/Os. The answer is the KA F/Os are much better off! But KA still can't attract suitable candidates.

Tell you anything?