PDA

View Full Version : Operations Position at ScotAirways

Ben Folds one
14th Aug 2000, 22:42
Hi Chaps,
Have heard that there is a position at CBG for an experienced ops controller/officer
Not sure on money/hours etc, best idea is to either send your c.v. to -
Brian Hetherington
Cambridge Airport
Newmarket Road
Cambridge
CB5 8RT

Good Luck

Hypoxiated
15th Aug 2000, 04:03
Ben Folds,
any idea of what company this is? What aircraft they operate, size of operation etc???

Any info would be great.

Cheers

BONDMAN
15th Aug 2000, 12:23
They opr Do328 and believe still some Do228,
admin base is CBG but the a/c operate from various bases, eg SOU-AMS, LCY to EDI/DUNDEE, CBG to AMS/MAN , and I think they still opr a LTN-CDG service, company was renamed to Scot a/w from Suckling after Stagecoach bought into it.

Daifly
15th Aug 2000, 14:07
Difficult to believe that JB007 doesn't think this is a helpful thing to put on the board...?!

It's difficult enough sourcing quality applications, so why not go straight at the people who offer the best prospects?

Ho hum, don't want to start an argument though!

JB007
15th Aug 2000, 23:47
Hi Daifly,

I'm just doing what i'm told......
This is'nt a problem as long as it doesn't become an add-on to the back pages of Flight Int !!!!

Cheers

------------------
Hear all....see all....say n'owt !

[This message has been edited by JB007 (edited 15 August 2000).]

VdG
18th Aug 2000, 00:32
The salary is about £23k for experienced Ops Officers. The stress level associated with this position is reportedly very high!

OpsBoy
19th Aug 2000, 08:52
JB - Good on you tiger !!

------------------
The One and Only OpsBoy !!!!

VIKING9
19th Aug 2000, 14:18
How can looking after a small bunch of Dorniers and crew be stressfull. It's only commuter flying - nothing major about that.
:rolleyes:

Opsman
21st Aug 2000, 01:28
Must have something to do with whoever the boss is.

bergerac
29th Aug 2000, 10:36
Not one to spoil the fun, but I would advise caution on this one - The atmos is decidedly chilly (nae Greenlandesque) in here, a lot of handbags at 10 paces, in fact one never quite knows who is running the show - or who wears the trousers in the ops room (shed) !!!
Great from the flying side - lovely jubbely -this runs like a dream, just dont expect anything other than an old shack of an office with one phone between 4 last time I had the misfortune

Berge