PDA

View Full Version : Flight Planning Complaints

Whooaahh
17th Dec 1999, 18:27
Me again, and the issue of Computerised Flight Planning Systems.

This time I'm looking for specific complaints you may have with your companies chosen provider.

I plan to use the information received to improve the services offered by my company, if indeed any of your complaints are aimed at us. :-)

Obviously, there will be a few of you out there who in a previous life have used a variety of different systems, and these are specifically the users I want to hear from.

Go on guy's ( and girls ) feel free to vent your frustrations, no matter how small I want to hear them.

Whooaahh!!!

ghost-rider
18th Dec 1999, 13:54
This could be a fun thread :)

My complaints ?
Lousy support both during and out of office hours.
Software bugs left right and centre.
Awkward interface ( not Windows ... yet, in their defence )
Inflexible.
Racal updating the nav !!!

[This message has been edited by ghost-rider (edited 18 December 1999).]

Whooaahh
21st Dec 1999, 16:47
Fun thread?...I was hoping for constructive", but hey...let's see where it goes.

Ghost-rider,
Could you be more specific? Who, What, When, and Why, etc.

Obviously you are not using the latest stuff on the market. Could it be time to change your provider?

Don't worry, I'm not trying to use this as forum for selling our stuff, but only for gathering feedback to improve our products.

Daifly
21st Dec 1999, 17:34
After using Jepps for five years, we've recently started a trial of the Air Support PPS system.
It seems a much better system. You input your route and it offers you the alternate airports, then you visually select the route via the SRS and German routings - with all options being immediately apparent.

It really seems to be much better than Jepps, although we're only one week into the evaluation.

Will let you all know!

Whooaahh
22nd Dec 1999, 16:03
Never heard of it!! Can you give me a little more info on Air Support PPS??

Website??

Please advise.

Whooaahh!!