PDA

View Full Version : Working for an Irish Airline

The Otter's Pocket
24th Sep 2007, 20:37
Is there anybody out there who is / has worked for an Irish Airline such as RYR?
Did you have any difficulties at interview stage or with your CV.

I am not asking about issues with other flight deck crew.

Any guidance would be gratefully received.

1859sqn
24th Sep 2007, 20:40
I must admit I clicked on this post expecting a joke....!

(I'll get me coat...)

Tombstone
24th Sep 2007, 21:34
Last Irish pilot I spoke to was still in shock after landing at Heathrow.

He could believe how short the runways were...

He said they were the widest he'd ever seen though...

Coat, door, gone.

The Real Slim Shady
24th Sep 2007, 23:33
Yes.
No.
Thank **** for that, the base party was only last week.
Don't drink and fly.

Dan Winterland
25th Sep 2007, 00:32
Michael O'Leary traditionally doesn't like the British military. Although he has employed one or two ex-RAF, they don't have an easy time getting in (pun intended!). Air Lingus don't have a problem as far as I know, don't know about the rest.

Anyway, refer to the thread currntly in Ts and Cs. Don't work for RYR!

The Otter's Pocket
25th Sep 2007, 09:13
Dear Dan
Thank you for that. I am an ex-pongo and I have been thinking about doing an MCC with Parc as they do advise on selection for RYR.
However I had a thought on if there would be a discriminatory attitude due to my efforts in keeping the drug dealers and the religious zealots apart.

With regard to ts & Cs when I was serving we got charged for food and accom, the personal equipment was poor and so we bought our own. The fines were high, the wages average and the promotion was due to service and if your face fitted.

RYR - no uniform, so I can buy something that isn't nylon, I already pay for my own food and parking. At least they pay for fuel and the equipment.

At the moment I am self employed, all the proper money I earn goes back to the government at 40% plus corporation tax, VAT, staff NIC etc.
Life is one big tax.

If it is MOL or G.Brown they are all thieves, keep your head up and remember that they cannot make you pregnant.

The Real Slim Shady
25th Sep 2007, 11:33
Dan

Michael O'Leary traditionally doesn't like the British military. Although he has employed one or two ex-RAF, they don't have an easy time getting in (pun intended!). Air Lingus don't have a problem as far as I know, don't know about the rest.

I'm ex RAF, my Base Captain is ex Army: I have friends elsewhere with FR who are also ex RAF and Army and Navy. Not only is " getting in" straightforward ( read down to earth, practical and no b*llsh1t lego building) it's all jolly pleasant once you are in.