PDA

View Full Version : Ground Training Services Ltd

da2qw
24th Sep 2007, 19:10
Anyone on here familiar with GTS in Bournemouth? Just about to take the plunge and select a training school for a distance learning course. Having spoken with them on the landline a few times they sound like they know what they are about. Price is about right and they are ex-military types.
First post on here, so go easy please!!
Regards to all

CAT3C AUTOLAND
24th Sep 2007, 20:27
These guys are ex PPSC instructors, and are very good. I went to PPSC a few years back and you can't go wrong. I believe (from what I have heard) they have a very good reputation.

Good luck with your studies.

Brian304
24th Sep 2007, 21:13
what are the prices for the short brush ups anyway?, anyone got any averagely or accurate prices for them?.

Brian304:sad:

da2qw
25th Sep 2007, 06:08
The prices i have been quoted seem competitive. The first consolidation course is 4days for module One, then 5days for both module Two and Three.
I am loathed to quote the prices on here, as quite frankly:
A: it could have changed since my quote arrived, which would be unfair on anyone doing their sums!
B: its not my place too.....
Thankyou for taking the time to reply to my post.
Regards

MVE
25th Sep 2007, 06:28
I used to work in the same building but for a different company, they are professional, know their stuff inside out, thanks to Dave they have some of the best manuals around and they are a bloo$y nice bunch of guys, you won't go wrong with GTS!

helicopter-redeye
25th Sep 2007, 07:31
I did the exam course with GTS. V good materials/ small classes (more tutorial than class - 1:1 tuition to beat Gordon Browns latest wacky ideas) and Dave's stories are legend (esp. the surging Jag engine). The materials are detailed and still serve as a valued source of information when one wants to check something.

h-r

jarvis123
25th Sep 2007, 15:42
GTS are A1!

helimutt
25th Sep 2007, 15:53
Can't agree more. Relaxed atmosphere. Know their stuff inside out. Got me through my exams first attempt so they are obviously miracle workers too.

Also, their feedback is some of the best I found, having also used Bristol and PPSC in the past.

If I had to do the exams all over again, i'd go with GTS, no question.

AgentOrange
26th Sep 2007, 11:50
Finished doing my ATPL ground studies at GTS earlier this year, got first time passes on all subjects. Staff are all ex-military or well travelled commercial flyers who know there subjects well. Atmosphere is easy going and notes are good. Look out for Bruno(dog that belongs to Professional Air Training ) who will eat your lunch if its left unattended.

Bad_Wolf
27th Sep 2007, 20:03
GTS are a great bunch of guys - I passed 1st time on all exams. "Lightning Dave" is quite a character and they really do know they're stuff.
Good luck with the study