PDA

View Full Version : Pay and Structure

boredcounter
30th Nov 1999, 03:30
OK guys n girls gone a bit quiet here do you not think?
we all know what we earn in house but what about externally.Post or email your payscales/structure to see just what airlines pay the going rate.
Industry wide effort to get what we deserve instead of the usual once a year struggle at each airline where the Personnel manager allways produces figs to prove(?} how well you compare to the industry norm?

------------------
Speak the truth,accept the truth.....and only use one handle

[This message has been edited by boredcounter (edited 29 November 1999).]

cj
30th Nov 1999, 04:31
My experience has shown that airlines tend to compare with only the base airlines at that particular station. The other view management tend to take - if you want that much, go work for them.
Unfortunately our pulling power for salaries falls below that of our pilot collegues. We tend to be more the backroom unsung hero's who keep the airlines on an even level.
Perhaps now is the time for an acceptable industry standard.
Salary wise Ops Controller 19-20k

opsbod
30th Nov 1999, 11:27
Bored,

Notice you started this post but didn't include your pay scales.
Have 2 levels in Ops at TangoLand and 2 in crewing.

Ops Controller 1 per shift
Ops Officer 2 per shift, 1 as general Ops and 1 on ATC and flight planing/slots

Senior Crewing Officer 1 Per shift
Crewing Officer 1 Per shift

The above currently responsible for a fleet of 18 aircraft operating approx 100 sectors a day.

JB007
30th Nov 1999, 14:43
Hi Chaps,
Completely agree on pay depends on where your based... STN is very poor due low cathment area, a few miles to the west LTN is a 4 grand pay rise at least !!!

The Worlds favorite low cost :-

x1 Ops Duty Manager - 19-20k
x1 Duty Crewing - 19-20k depending on experiance.
x1 Ops Assist. - 10-15k

13 A/c - approx 65 sectors a day.

boredcounter
1st Dec 1999, 07:49
OPSBOD
sorry mate you are dead right.I'm doing this
off my own back.check your email.Can only speak for myself as not sure of pay above and below so to speak,suffice to say,when I do,you only got to ask if you can use it to lever a few extra well deserved quid outa the bosses........same goes to anyone,e-mail in profile...

------------------
Speak the truth,accept the truth.....and only use one handle

opsbod
2nd Dec 1999, 02:58
JB007, You could always take a walk down to
my old mates at happylift, understand your looking at a drop of 3k at least.

Amazing - what happens when you switch to self loading cargo.

paperpusher
2nd Dec 1999, 04:56
JB,
They pay you too much, and me not enough. Q. does LTN get london waiting? as LHR, and as STN is LON STN should we? For the area (STN) I don't think we are to bad, but other Airlines around us dictate, and around here,salary for non avation, is not very good, or not that i've seen.
Fly safe
rgds

Watcher
2nd Dec 1999, 07:45
I left the U.K. several years back to pursue my ops career in a warmer climate. When I left I was on about 12k as a controller and that was only about an average wage. How does your 19-20k compare now with the average?

cj
3rd Dec 1999, 17:06
It is rather hard to discover an industry standard. It does appear to be dependant on airfield location.

Although an airfield may start with the words LONDON, that is no indication you will get a London waiting allowance.

Perhaps were need to have a grd staff salary forum?

opsbod
4th Dec 1999, 00:37
It has been my experience that what you're
paid has no relation to the name of the airport, just to the number of airlines based there. Worked at an airport with only one based operator, wages were awful. Now I work at LTN and the proximety of what was 5 carriers on the airport meant we get what I feel is a resonable wage. Still - I miss the overtime.

cj
5th Dec 1999, 04:15
Opsbod

I still maintain the airport location will play a major part in what salaries are paid.
LTN had a major salary shake-up when the 'orange cans' appeared on the scene and they decided to operate thier own ops dept.
To be able to entice staff there had to be something to entice them with, in this case it was money. The other base operators lost alot of staff to Tango-Land. It left them with little option other then to match the salaries. Now all said & buried this turned out to be a good thing for staff at LTN, salary increases all round.
Maybe it's about time for another operator to start-up, entice the staff and we can all have another pay raise!

CI300
6th Dec 1999, 17:02
flight planning dept, aprox 200 flights a day(regional and oceanic). Avg pay, taking exchange, cost of living etc into account, is about 20000 sterling. There is no real competition in the region, so we get what we can. Incidently..keen to sample the European operations scence.