PDA

View Full Version : Just a reminder.....

JB007
9th Aug 2000, 19:54
Guy's / Gal's,

Just a reminder of the rules you agreed to on registering :

"Please note advertisements, chain letters, pyrimid schemes are inappropiate on this BB"

Appreciate it cheaper than back pages of Flight Int'l. but please play the game.....

Cheers

------------------
Hear all....see all....say n'owt !

Daifly
10th Aug 2000, 00:10
OK point taken. (It's a while since I read the terms and conditions as I registered...)

Just that EasyJet Ops Vacancies get more than a passing mention in these esteemed scribblings....

Thought I'd help with a job that does actually exist rather than one everyone reckons is there!

And the people we're looking for are more likely to be Y2K compliant than have access to Flight each week!

[This message has been edited by Daifly (edited 09 August 2000).]

BONDMAN
11th Aug 2000, 06:08
..Steady on tiger !

[This message has been edited by BONDMAN (edited 11 August 2000).]

Doctor Cruces
11th Aug 2000, 12:51
Some of us wots out of work and can't afford to buy 'Flight Int' every week appreciate tho occasional bloke/blokess who puts the occasional pointer to a job on these erstwhile pages.

To this end, anyone who needs a good Ops Controller just follow the e-mail address on my profile.

Thanks
Doc C

[This message has been edited by Doctor Cruces (edited 11 August 2000).]

Ballymoss
12th Aug 2000, 02:59
Can't afford flight (even for free in WHS)
but can afford to surf.....bo....ks..

Doctor Cruces
12th Aug 2000, 03:22
Why do u suppose I can't afford Flight!!!!!!

Doc C

Ballymoss
12th Aug 2000, 03:27
because you said you couldn't

no sig
15th Aug 2000, 00:33
Daifly

Your comments about easyJet and jobs being there, not too sure what you are refering, but we don't place job adds without them existing. It won't have escaped you that easyJet do also advertise on Pprune pages (heads up to see the banner) and also in Flight International, so more than a passing comment here might just be because we are recruiting. For those who can't afford Flight, click on the easyJet banner above.

[This message has been edited by no sig (edited 14 August 2000).]

Daifly
15th Aug 2000, 14:16
No no no. People always miss the points on this board don't they.

It wasn't a crack at EasyJet - good on them for advertising and all that, I have no doubt that they're a fine company to work for at all - what my gripe was is that there are so few jobs advertised, that when we advertise in Flight (etc) we get replies from (mainly just) Pilots seeking a stop-gap before they get their flying job.

As I'm sure you'll realise, this isn't the type of person we're trying to recruit. We're looking for a die hard Ops Bod, who knows what they're doing, know what to expect and above all, won't disappear off to fly - which, once you've spent £40+ getting your ticket, is undoubtedly (no arguments either) what you'll do.

Maybe Easy weren't the best example, but I don't think Gama would be alone in mentioning that there was a job going? Scot Airways have also done it within the past day or so here!

If eveyone who reads FO,C&D doesn't want indications when jobs are around, then fine.

You try to do your best by people and yet sometimes, it's really not worth bothering...

Doctor Cruces
15th Aug 2000, 17:57
I agree with Daifly.

When are you interviewing?

Rgds

Doc C

OC41
15th Aug 2000, 22:16
If you go to Flight International's web page you can view current jobs anyway. This means you don't have to bother visiting WH Smiths anymore for a quick read from the back job.

Not sure why Flight do this as I have gone from an occasional buyer to never, much prefer mags such as Airliner.

Daifly
15th Aug 2000, 23:07
OC41 - yep, if I didn't get to the work copy first, I'd never buy it as the jobs appear one day later on the net.

Interviewing? Very shortly - why?

no sig
16th Aug 2000, 01:40
Daifly

Clearly, I have mis-understood the sentiments of you post and if I have offended, my apologies.

True we do need die hard Ops bods in this business, on the other hand I have had many a fine Ops officer make the transition to aircrew but while they were in Ops were/are excellent and dedicated to the job.

However, we also need wannabe Ops bods to understand that they need to get as much training in flight ops subjects as they can before and while in this industry, City and Guild, FAA dispatch etc. We work in a technical environment and it will increase your chances of a job if you make the effort.