PDA

View Full Version : how to get my ICAO converted in FAA-commercial?

Hi-Flyer
9th Nov 1999, 14:18
I intend to get a FAA Commercial Pilot's Certificate issued. I already hold a valid ICAO Commercial Pilot's licence with a single engine instrument rating. I have an Assistant flight instructor's rating endorsed on my license aswell with a couple of hundred hours of instructional flying experience. The thing i am interested in is that can i get all this converted in any of the flying schools/testing centres in the south-asia or the middle east region, rather than going all the way to the US ?
Moreover, i also hold a ICAO Flight operations officers licence,incase i go for a FAA flight dispatcher's certificate, weather i qualify for any exemptions in this regard or i have to take the entire course right from the beginning.Are there any schools for this aswell in this region?
Thanks in advance.

[This message has been edited by Hi-Flyer (edited 09 November 1999).]

no sig
13th Nov 1999, 18:21
Hi-Flyer
You might try posting this question in Wannabes. If you are looking to convert your existing licence to an FAA you should in the first instance speak to the nearest FAA Centre or to the FAA Oklahoma City licence centre for advice. You might find there is
an agreement between the US and the state which has issued your ICAO licence which might only require that you do an abbreviated course.

On the subject of converting you FOO licence, same applies. If you do sit the FAA ATPL you are doing the same course as the FAA Dispatch licence anyway. What most do is to do the ATPL one day and the dispatchers licence the next, sort of loss of licence insurance for some.

Hope that helps.