PDA

View Full Version : Preferencial Rostering at Flight Deck Requests

JB007
6th Aug 2000, 21:02
Very interested to hear different operators attitude / policy on flight deck rostering at flight decks request on NOT to fly with Capt X or F/o X due, shall we say, personality differences.

Do you honour their request ?
Management or Crew Control decision ?

Cheers

------------------
Hear all....see all....say n'owt !

You splitter
7th Aug 2000, 15:32
In general we try not to fall into a trap of rostering to specific requests of flying with or without specific crew members.
Not only is it time consuming to do, but with all the requests we get it would be impossible to manage. Besides I've had many personality clashes with colleagues over the years but I would never say I'm not coming into work today because 'X' is on duty.

That said, if we consider that the 'clash' is so serious that the safe operation of the aircraft could possibly be affected, then we will roster/crew around this.

We do on occasions have several crew members
request a specific trip together. As long as enough notice is given the requestis usually granted. Although we do stress that we can't guarentee that due operational reasons that the rosters won't change.

We're a miserable lot aren't we!

Buffy Summers
8th Aug 2000, 01:08
I have never requested not to be rostered with a particular person but there is one person in my company who I will never fly with again. I believe it would compromise safety, possibly the aircrafts and definitely his, as I would have to punch him by the time we got out of the UK.
Either that or I would be certified insane as that is what he would make me after less than an hour.
I am not sure if management would support me or not, so I haven't specifically requested not to fly with this person.
However, he is at a different base and I have not been rostered with him since my last trip with him (which was over a year ago). If I was rostered with him I would ask crewing to change my roster OR I would call in sick.
As I said, although it is more a personality clash I also feel the safety of the flight would be compromised (mainly because this person wants to fly single pilot).
I would hope that crewing would understand but if not then I would call in sick.