PDA

View Full Version : Denied Entry to Russian Airspace for F- registerd AC

limes
23rd Sep 2007, 10:28
Has anybody had problems lately with receiving timely permit to fly into or over Russia with an F- (French) registerd AC too?

Ran into trouble lately and would like to see if others have the same trouble.

Gulfstreamaviator
23rd Sep 2007, 11:39
Several times in a N.

Once allowed to get 30 mins inside before they realised the mistake.

Never accept a verbal "overfly permit", these bit your bum.

glf

merlinxx
24th Sep 2007, 07:35
Do not enter Russian airspace without hard copy of required permit. These are so easily obtained either direct, via your Flt Svcs Co or Russian agents such as Rusaero, Streamline Ops or Feras etc. No excuse for not holding the paper, 'tis PICs responsibility after all! Resort to days of old thinking, where geopolitics takes hold even in day-to-day activity.

No permits, no fly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS. If either of you in ATL for NBAA this week, attend the Schedulers & Dispatchers or Int'l Ops Committee forums.

pfnotflying
24th Sep 2007, 09:33
I fly a G- reg. airplane, and in the last month they take more and more time.

mr castro
24th Sep 2007, 10:03
I fly a OY Reg. and we have been denied two times the last two weeks.
We use Rusaero, But have been told that we should expect up to 7 days for a permit.
The problem is that we many times is booked with only one or two days notice.

Broomstick Flier
24th Sep 2007, 11:45
Never had a problem with Russia, albeit we don't enter their airspace often. Last time was July, we had a flight to Japan with a "N" G550. Normally we use FERAS but I heard that UAS/Dubai also works with Russian permits.

Rgds

Salz

FLEXJET
24th Sep 2007, 19:15
I heard the explanation once that it has become more difficult to get Russian permits since the new head of the Russian SCAA was asking for more money to the Feras, Rusaero and others...

Again, just my 2 cents...

And don't forget Block 18 with permit number...

diesel862
24th Sep 2007, 21:10
Best I got was a Russian Permit in 20 hours after applying, used Rusaero for this (and a sleepless night too). The Bloke (oops VIP) we were flying for was Russian citizen on a G- Falcon 900 so he might have helped.

Although I thought it was 5 working days minimum to apply - more than likely I am wrong.

Still there are brokers / companys that will say they can get Russian Permits at the drop of a hat, a French outfit called Regourd Aviation allegedly promises this if I am not mistaken.

Cheers

Vince

DA50driver
25th Sep 2007, 20:19
It appears the problem is parking. UUWW is pretty much at capacity. Try going to UUDD instead.

Buzzz
25th Sep 2007, 22:15
It all depends on who your passengers are and your contacts in Moskva.
As George Orwell would say:
"...all people are equal, but some people are more equal than others..."
Buzzz