PDA

View Full Version : Flying in NIgeria

Integral
23rd Sep 2007, 10:24
Attention all Expatriates

I dont advise any Expat to come and work in Nigeria, it is the most dangerous Place to work. the People are very Fraudulent and are ready to rip you off. if you fly for a nigerian company then you will never get paid and the Nigerian Pilots are very proud and think they know every think meanwhile they are so dangerous.

dont work in Nigeria

etienne t boy
23rd Sep 2007, 11:31
Oh Boy, you are about to get flamed :E. I hope you have skin like a rhino and brush up on your spelling and grammar :\. There's no motor racing on this weekend so it should provide some amusement for the day :ok:

Rani
23rd Sep 2007, 12:21
You're plain wrong. Some excellent airlines operate in Nigeria, including Virgin Nigeria, Aero, etc. They pay their staff, and are contributing to the rebirth of the country. Beyond this, they offer employment to many expats who do have a positive experience and make the best ouf of it!
Just wondering, do you lack the balls to post this opinion (and dated rhetoric) from your normal pprune account? What are you afraid of?
Btw I know who you are. Stop being a coward, and simply speak your mind rather than lurk around the shadows.

ZAZOO
23rd Sep 2007, 12:39
Rani, why you bother yourself man!

zaz

Phone Wind
23rd Sep 2007, 13:13
Integral,

You make broad statements without any evidence. There are some elements of truth in what you say, but such broad generalisations cannot just be left unchallenged.

There are dangerous places to work. Lagos has an armed robbery problem and there are the kidnappers in the Delta, but it's mostly helicopter work in the Delta and the expats working there go to and from work in armed convoys. Unless you're unlucky or go out at night a lot in Lagos it's not too bad and there's plenty to do.

There are the well-known fraudsters but if you're just working there you're unlikely to come across one who can do you much harm (unless, of course, you're working for one!). Most of the people, although having a rather mercurial temperament, are just ordinary working folks trying to get by every day and are mostly curious about, and friendly and hospitable to, those expats who come and work here.

As has been said, the Nigerian companies such as Aero and Virgin Nigeria are as good as any in the world, have high operating standards, pay well (and on time), have good relations with their pilots and most of the local and expat staff get on well and respect each other. If you work for a wholly Nigerian company, then it's true you may end up with a worthless contract with and unscrupulous employer who bends the rules and doesn't pay you. It helps not to be naive :\.

Pilots from many countries are proud and the profession seems to have more than it's fair share of prima donnas (as do many others, such as the medical profession and the arts). Over here, there are good and bad, but mostly just good average guys, the same as anywhere else. I don't know where you're from, but I imagine if a couple of Nigerian pilots went to work in your country and started criticising everything, especially your standards, you'd act very proud and arrogant. So what's different here?

If you have any real allegations to make, come out and substantiate them - if not, go play someplace else.

dejidip
23rd Sep 2007, 13:46
IF YOUVE HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE LETS KNOW ABOUT IT,S..IT HAPPENS EVERYWHERE NOT ONLY NIGERIA,AND ITS BY CHOICE YOU KNOW,SO PLEASE RELAX.OURS IS FREE A ENVIRONMENT AND ITS A FREE WORLD.TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT.MONKEY NO FINE BUT HIM MAMA LIKE AM.LET US BE PLEASE.:eek::eek:

LostAndFound
23rd Sep 2007, 16:23
Integral, you bl:mad:dy probationary ppruner, u are still on probation here f:mad:l.

I wonder who paid you to join pprune today and insult us. Go and sleep my friend, we dont have your time here.:bored:

NaijaNinja
23rd Sep 2007, 19:57
Why would God allow such a wind up merchant access to the internet on a sunday when we should all be resting and chilling? Lord, you should have given him a 'server/website unreachable' message or something!

I am so pissed off with all of you who responded to this melon/coconut head.

I wonder what he's INTEGRAL to, the persecution of Nigerian Aviation or Nigeria. Which one?

I am so pissed off with myself as well for wasting time to reply to his thread! I don't wanna wear my Ninja kit today to cut off some melon!:ugh:

AlternativeProcedure
23rd Sep 2007, 21:46
Thumbs up for that NaijaNinja, that actually made me laugh.

AndyCirl
23rd Sep 2007, 21:52
Integral...you come on here slagging off Nigeria in general and your location is down as whiteCleanland......are you trying to say something? Cause you sound like a racist :mad: to me.

Captain_djaffar
23rd Sep 2007, 22:30
Hehe...now i wanna come to nigeria.:E