PDA

View Full Version : B1900 / B200 contract flying ?

Dero
23rd Sep 2007, 09:27
Hi,

I know Africa isn't for everyone, but neither is sitting in a 737, so .. question :

Do B200 / B1900 operators doing UN, etc, work need time on type, or just an endorsement if I've already got 4000 TT including 500 Metro III/23 command (multi crew), and about 2000 bush time on piston ?

Would US $5500/$1000 for 3 months on / 1 off be a good guess ?

Regards and thanks in advance, Dero.

ARENDIII
23rd Sep 2007, 11:51
Apparently the UN requires type rating and:
Captain 500 in command on type
First officer 200 on type
Apparently does not matter if you have 10 000 hours TT
Madness gone mad!!!:ugh:

As to salary, you would be quite fortunate to get a package like that-captains on the Hercules get something similar after +- 10 years service.

RICCARDOVOLANTE
23rd Sep 2007, 14:11
Lastcontract I had on the BE 1900 D in Congo was:

400 $ U.S.Dollars per day (12000 US dollars per month)
plus accomodation
plus food
plus trasportation
plus business class air fare
plus medical

WhinerLiner
23rd Sep 2007, 16:23
At that salary you should still be there.

Going rate about $4,5k as a captain unless you are willing to do illegal ****:=

RICCARDOVOLANTE
24th Sep 2007, 05:43
Angola Air Services 6500$
Solenta 8500$
TFM 12000$
Orange 5000 Euro
Those above are Market Price for pilot on the BE 1900.

4500 $ pay scale is not any longer possible

Nickerbal
24th Sep 2007, 08:05
Hi Check your PM

RICCARDOVOLANTE
24th Sep 2007, 11:20
Tenge Fungurumi Mining , Congo Lumubashi

verreaux eagle
24th Sep 2007, 14:11
:confused:riccardovolante Those salaries is either for illegal ops or danger pay! Do not blieve everything you hear, some of your quoted figures are grossly in error!:=

Vref +10
24th Sep 2007, 14:35
Solenta paying $8500 not true........
check thread on salaries about 2 months ago ( new salaries)

MungoP
24th Sep 2007, 15:45
RicciVol... with those salaries you can be my agent find me the contract and I'll pay you a thousand US a month...

Unless things have changed dramatically in the last couple of months right across the board... which they haven't... B200/1900 P1 can expect between $4,500 to up around the 7 mark with the 7 going to the 1900 driver... time off payments vary but seem mostly to be around the $1500 to $1800 mark but some offering less but paying an air-fare back to home country... UN does not have a std requirement for hours on type.. depends on the location and contract.. I had no B200 experience B4 arriving in DRC but required 500 on type for Afghanland (and that means ON TYPE.. B200.. not B100, B90 or whatever)
If any of this is wildly wrong I'd be interested to know...

ARENDIII
24th Sep 2007, 17:26
MungoP,
Hi, the UNMIS contract requires 500 for in command and 200 right hand seat for Sudanese operations, likewise the DRC contracts.
Hercules captains +- US$5300 pm plus daily s&t acomm incl
However this is full time employment with 10+ years service

ALLSTATIONS
24th Sep 2007, 20:23
Please

Times have changed

If you're getting less than 7 its your own fault

Dero
30th Sep 2007, 05:55
Thanks guys, that was a lot of help. An RSA license or validation seems to be the next thing I'd need. And a plane ticket, since it would be a bit hard to get a job without fronting up and being seen.

Regards Dero !

DHC8-FO
30th Sep 2007, 14:41
That 500hr time on type rule for the UN on B200 and the like is silly.

That is what happens when you get non-aviation backround, pencil monkey desk jockeys in a position of authority over a ruling like that, bottom line.

500 time on type, for a King Air???....And then a few hundred for right seat in a B200??...That plane doesn't even need a copilot! (I know a second set of eyes is nice to have, but you could run just as safe an operation single pilot)...I went as a PIC in Afghanland as well on the Be200, didn't have the 500 time on type either.

FlyTCI
1st Oct 2007, 21:02
Hi Dero
Like the headline says, if you've got a JAA license you should definetly check out www.zimex.com . They have three 1900's (last I know) and a B200 in Algeria. More 1900's should be on the way.
As a freelance cpt. on the Twin Otter the rate is 230 euro/day. It adds up to roughly $10000/month with todays low dollar. It's a well run company who stays within legal limits. Plus no real danger flying. Mostly fly for oil companies in Sahara who are very strict on safety. A normal trip is about five weeks. They also have a permament contract which makes more sense if you are planning on a long term employment.
Good luck..:ok:
FlyTCI

Dero
1st Oct 2007, 22:49
Hi TCI,

No JAA; I've got an Australian issued (ICAO) ATPL, and the JAA license is not easy to get. How flexible is Zimex with ICAO v. JAA licenses ?

Of course everything is a tradeoff - maybe I should bite the bullet and get a JAA license, since what you mentioned about Zimex sounds pretty good.

Regards The Dero.

FlyTCI
1st Oct 2007, 23:15
DERO,
Unfortunately the JAR lic. requirement is a tough one to get by. Zimex is under FOCA, the Swiss aviation authorities and they are pretty tough. Zimex have long time employees in their 50's and 60's who are forced into doing the JAA ATPL theory. Only to fly Twotters and 1900's between the dunes. They are not happy of course.
The good thing with Zimex is that you can work for an European company and still live where you want. They do prefer Europe based pilots due to high costs off airline tickets every five weeks, but since they are short of pilots and are having a hard time finding enough European guys they do take on guys outside of Europe. The dealbreaker is the JAR license.
I would recommend you contact them if interested. If they have a need, they will do what they can to help you out (and themselves of course) .
Besides if you do end up getting the JAR license, flying for Zimex or not, it opens up a whole new arena. Provided you have the right to live and work in Europe of course. But there are ways around that too.
Good luck, and PM if any further Q's..
/FlyTCI

Qfeel
4th Oct 2007, 12:30
Dero - With 4000 hrs and 500 Sa227 time, why move to Africa when Oz companies are crying for ATPL crew?

Dero
4th Oct 2007, 13:19
Qfeel:

"Daddy what did you do before the Great Airline Strike of 2013 ?"

Answer - "Well, I flew Sydney - Melb - Sydney 5,431 times" (Oh and I spent 500 hours a year in the traffic).

In the end, though, money is the key and I acknowledge your point.

RICCARDOVOLANTE
6th Oct 2007, 13:44
plane4sale where is NAC operating at the moment ? Are they looking for Pilots?
Riccardo Volante

Solid Rust Twotter
7th Oct 2007, 07:21
Why would you fly for $300 a day when you can do it for $400 a day?

RICCARDOVOLANTE
7th Oct 2007, 18:46
Solid Rust Twotter
Unfortunately was only 2 month contract in DRC.
Regards
Riccardo Volante

petesevenseven
7th Oct 2007, 20:35
Ricco Bambino!!!!

Please bwana you have a real habbit of feeding all of us BS!!!!!

I cannot believe your pay scales.

Having flown in both Congo and Sudan. They seem grossly out of proportion.

If they are that good I'd definately come back to Africa and fly there!! And so would many of my collegues that have since moved on for greener pastures.

I'm sorry bwana I think youre telling us all fairy tales. I remember you told many stories about people In Tanzania because you didn't think the salary they offered you was good enough even though you never even flew there.

So tell us Rico.........

:=

RICCARDOVOLANTE
8th Oct 2007, 06:06
petesevenseven,
what you belive it is your problem and not mine.
Regards
Riccardo Volante.
By the way I feel sorry for your company they must be very desperate for let you fly with them .Like your friends in Tanzania that are putting ads any where looking for pilots.Arrogants.

petesevenseven
8th Oct 2007, 13:32
Hey Ricco,

There you go again!!! Talking BS!!!!

Lets deal with the facts Bambino,

And the facts are I STILL DON'T BELIEVE YOU!!!!!

CIAO BAMBINO:{ stop crying its not so bad!!!

Pete!!!

I.R.PIRATE
9th Oct 2007, 12:56
Pete77, a little gllimpse back at Ricco Not so Suave's previous posts will explain everything to you...:ok:

petesevenseven
9th Oct 2007, 16:03
I.R. Pirate Yep Buddy I Couldn't agree more!!!!!

Happy Landings!!!!!:D