PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar - Boeing 787

The Original Jetpipe
23rd Sep 2007, 01:42
Hi All,

Following Jetstars recent advert in "The Australian" for 787 engineers. Just wondering if anyone has any more information about the positions? Bases, shifts etc.

Regards

TOJP.

P.s Has anyone paid there money and applied?

The Original Jetpipe
25th Sep 2007, 07:59
128 Views and still no reply!!!

Somebody must know whats happing!! I cannot see management keeping this one underwraps!

TOJP

allthatglitters
25th Sep 2007, 12:12
P.s Has anyone paid there money and applied?
For an what?
remember it's called the Dreamliner, there must be a good reason for that.:)

Fargoo
25th Sep 2007, 13:57
Paid money - to apply for a job :eek:

Doesn't bode well for the rest of your employment at Jetstar if you in fact were ever to get an interview.

Stay well clear :ugh:

'aveagoodknight
26th Sep 2007, 03:31
I too saw the application fee and gave it a miss.

There was a thread on here a few days ago from someone trolling for LAMES interested in working on the "next generation of widebodies to operate in the wider Asian equatorial region, with bases in Australia and beyond" or something similar and to PM him/her. I notice today that thread has gone. It seemed to me that it might have been for the 787s you speak.

ave a good night :ok:

Chopper OZ
27th Sep 2007, 13:24
Not only do you pay $15 for the application, you pay any expenses during the interview process. Then if you are offered and accept a position, you then pay for your ASIC (security) pass. :mad:

As the wise man Darryl Kerrigan once said, "Tell em they're dreaming!"

satos
29th Sep 2007, 13:52
Fancy paying for an application which doesn't guarantee an interview.
They should name them tight aarse airlines.

blow.n.gasket
30th Sep 2007, 11:38
AEROFLOTSTAR :ooh:

The Original Jetpipe
3rd Oct 2007, 05:33
Since the closing date for applications has gone. Has anybody, that applied heared anything yet??

TOJP.

max autobrakes
3rd Oct 2007, 11:13
I would say at a rough guess they were testing the waters prior to going to the Minister and applying for 457 visas for a lot of South Africans they've got lined up.:eek:
Only trouble is I think a certain shadow minister has been clued in and JetStar management might not get what they want and that is a group of A330 drivers to replace all the present JetStar lads that are pencilled in for the B787. Also hear a group of Qantas domestic "A" pilots think they have training captain slots on the B787 , that should be interesting!:ooh:

plasticmerc
2nd Nov 2007, 01:42
had an interview not to long ago, money was very poor and was told that only people/eng with boeing widebody glass cocpit were in line to get training on 787. Also primarily interested only in easa lic people.
Apparently they have a few people 777 rated to take up slots within company.
nice way to look after your own people.
Apparently only doing line and maybe A checks.

The Original Jetpipe
8th Nov 2007, 21:32
Glad to hear at least someone got any interview!!! I have easa and wide body experience, and glass cockpit experience thought I would at least get an interview! :ugh:
Guess I am up against the "old boys" network!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOJP.