PDA

View Full Version : Gun on Flight to Blackpool

DX Wombat
22nd Sep 2007, 21:03
I've had a quick search but can't seem to find any mention of this incident. (http://www.orange.co.uk/news/topstories/22617.htm?linkfrom=hp3&link=ticker_pos_1_link_5&article=index)
If it has already been posted please feel free to delete this link

AltFlaps
23rd Sep 2007, 18:32
As one who operates into Spain about 4 times a week, it does not surpirse me even slightly that a passenger with a gun managed to board a commercial airline flight in Gerona !

It could have been a cruise missile and it would still probably have been missed !
:ugh:

Mr @ Spotty M
23rd Sep 2007, 21:20
He did not board with a GUN, it was in his hold luggage, which is why it was not found by Spanish security.:=

The Bartender
23rd Sep 2007, 23:44
If so, what was his crime? ...and how was it detected?

MrBernoulli
24th Sep 2007, 01:19
The link given by the opening post includes the following:

The firearm was found in hand luggage on a flight from Gerona, Spain, to Blackpool.

So, Mr @ Spotty M, what makes you think it was in the hold?

lomapaseo
24th Sep 2007, 02:14
So, Mr @ Spotty M, what makes you think it was in the hold?

http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5ilorg4RuKh6mpMFsnF9B3vY8BQSA

Mr @ Spotty M
24th Sep 2007, 05:05
Well What makes me say it was in the Hold, it is all the reports l have read, starting on Saturday afternoon.
"lomapaseo" if you care to look at the link that you posted and looked at the other links on that page and read all the articles you would have come to the same conclusion as me.
It goes to show what cr** is written in the press, one of the articles starts off by saying it is was in hand luggage and then tells you it was in his hold baggage and was a blank firing gun.:=

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
24th Sep 2007, 08:46
So posting to home the replica SA80 and AK47 I bought in Glasgow the other week was £11 well spent!

Red Top Comanche
24th Sep 2007, 21:18
Sounds par for the course, if a journalist wrote that there was a gun in the hold of a plane it would probably have been spiked by his editor.

Was there mention of babies screaming etc...:ugh::ugh: