PDA

View Full Version : Be professional

concerned one
1st Nov 1999, 03:49
Come on guys & gals,
Having read some of the postings in previous topics, I am concerned.
We are trying to be professionals, trusted and respected by the flying community.
How on earth do you think we can do that when people start posting replies like some premenstrual adolescent.

Remember, treat others how you want to be treated yourself, and you won't go far wrong.

Also how can we criticise others unless our own work is up to scratch.

Be good at what you do and if you can't be good, get OUT!

[This message has been edited by concerned one (edited 01 November 1999).]

Daifly
2nd Nov 1999, 02:39
Concerned One,

Yep - exactly. There is a post in R&N about the whole Ops and Rostering bit - well more a complete character assasination of us all.

It's a real pain to have to take this abuse all the time - we hardly ever say that pilots are a bunch of lazy, goodfornothing layabouts - yet they seem to have the permission of all of us to continue as they wish and knock us down.

C'mon everybody - (there's a song there) - get up and have a go back. We can do the job and the majority of us do it well - sure there are some pillocks out there, but then there are some pilots who are the same...

"Don't let the bastards get you down" - hmmm...

concerned one
2nd Nov 1999, 14:54
Daifly

Before we start a war here, all I was trying to get at was, lets sort out our own camp first. On another Topic RCA/CFMU there was/is a bitching session going on. Just because it goes on in other Forums, doesn't mean it has to go on here.

Lets try to think before we post and think again before we reply.

Daifly
2nd Nov 1999, 15:42
Curious...

I don't think I was having a bitch really.

Merely agreeing with you but at the same time trying to support us in Ops. It's fairly short-sighted of you, with respect, to wish that this becomes a friendly happy forum - "A forum for the people who can make or break a flight operation to discuss issues directly related to keeping the pilots and their aircraft operational"
It's going to be a place where discussion comes from a "This system is sh*t, what can we do to make it better" statement.

The comments I made were there to make other Ops staff make a stand for our rights in R&N and try and reduce the bad feeling that seemingly exists between pilots and Ops.

I wholeheartedly would love Pprune to be a "We're all sooooo happy and love each other" kind of place, but I don't think there is enough of a rapport between us all to get this going, and in any case, why should it be. Active discussion forms a large part of problem solving - but the kind of discussion going on about us in other places seems to be more assassination in its motives, rather than helpful.

Starting a topic entitled "Are Rostering / Crewing usually Occupationally Challenged?" is not likely to find many supporters amongst Ops Staff, is it? and then saying "These guys have the power of God over our lives and while some must be excellent (I suppose)the ones ive seen are almost without exception apalling" is not exactly helpful.

I was merely standing up for my rights and refusing to take this kind of b*llocks lying down.

Apologies if that seems to be strange to you. Although I do agree that stupid, snide comments from the likes of Oh Matron, don't really help our professionalism.

[This message has been edited by Daifly (edited 02 November 1999).]