View Full Version : EK engineers leaving

twieke
22nd Sep 2007, 15:41
Had a chat with one of our engineers. Apparently 8 of them resigned recently, 4 of them going to EY down the road. Those moving to AUH are doubling their salary, 48k + accomodation + company car...

What was it, one new aircraft each month for the next how many years?

critical winge
22nd Sep 2007, 15:53
It won't just be the engineers. EY seem to have a WILL NOT FAIL agenda. It is only a matter of time (and dearham's) sorry I meant weakening value hams that will force the people to choose the highest bidder. Time, yet again will tell!

CW:zzz:

mensaboy
23rd Sep 2007, 14:20
If it is true that engineers are once again leaving EK for greener pastures, this is a very bad thing. I have noticed recently that aircraft do seem to have more snags being deferred but that might just be my luck with aircraft assignments. Until 2 months ago for example, I never flew an EK aircraft with a thrust reverser locked out (perhaps a little lucky there I agree) but I have now had 2 in the last month.

EK has always given us excellent aircraft with very good maintenance and for that I am grateful. I hope that doesn't change. If there is a problem in engineering with things such as work schedules, pay or whatever else, I hope someone in a position of authority is actively trying to fix it.

Engineers and pilots are the 2 groups that every airline should make sure are well trained, content in their job and not given schedules that are fatiguing by design. I have the utmost respect for our engineers and their 'helper' engineers and hope that the company gets a grip on this problem if indeed there is a problem.

The thing about understaffing engineering is that it is much more likely that aircraft will get airborne with an ever decreasing safety margin. When pilots are grossly understaffed, the plane sits on the ground. Its hard to 'A D D' an empty pilot seat.