PDA

View Full Version : A future in aviation , whats your opinion?

flyinghamster
22nd Sep 2007, 14:22
Well i'm just another one of those 16 yr old wannabes lookin out for a high flyin career.I'm at the last year of skool and am lookin forward to becomin a commercial pilot. But im not sure if i should join a flight school right after im done with high school, i mean not everybody gets gauranteed job after gradution, speking of which it would be nice if some would could tell me how many pilots are out there with out a job. On the other hand what kinda degree do u guys think i should opt for which would land me good job and put me in a higher level prefrence for an airliner thats lookin for new recruits. and lets say that i do get into some other course in college before pursuing my dreams , where do u see the aviation market in about the next ten years will there still be same demand for pilots :confused:Will we still be flyin as much keepin in mind global warming and shortage of fossil fuels:\

p.s. sorry for postin such a long thread , but i need to make up my mind by the end of this academic which in about 5 months or so

o and i'm from india the country which has seen the most growth in the aviation sector in the past few years, so.. um if any other indians r out there wats the situation like here for jobs...

maxdrypower
22nd Sep 2007, 15:29
before the mods stop pulling their hair out and post this I will for you
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=131649

Wee Weasley Welshman
22nd Sep 2007, 20:24
Thank you!

flyinghamster
23rd Sep 2007, 06:52
well does anybody has any say about the future of aviation based on global warming maybe

WildDart
23rd Sep 2007, 15:21
They say that fossil fuels have roughly 50 years left, but they keep finding hidden oil patches at the bottom of the sea. Who knows they may find a large storage that may extend the future.

With global warming, people say that fossil fuels cause it, others say it doesn't. The truth is Airbus and Boeing wouldn't have recently released new aircraft if the future wasn't looking very convincing, they have done in-depth studies and believe that there will be a successful future in aviation.

As for companies wanting pilots, they need more and more pilots daily and it seems to be going up, this is as long as there isn't a repeated terror threat that caused a huge boom for many pilots (9/11). If something like that was to repeat itself (god hope it doesn't) then you may be stuck trying to land a job for a while, however there is risks like this with a lot of jobs.

Anyway, it shouldn't affect you in your life time pal.

sam34
23rd Sep 2007, 17:43
Chineses will start to make their own planes, and will stop buying aircraft of Airbus or Boieng... more and more aircraft, chineses in Europe, and opportunities. :}

Aviation is THE futur, because more and more people want to travel fast and discouver the world.

By the same time, futur aircraft will fly in the space...