PDA

View Full Version : Jepp View

fcit
5th Aug 2000, 01:44
Any OPS person actively using Jepp View out there. Our Management staff has been looking into purchasing a set and replace the good old paper binders.
From what I saw from the Demo CD, it is a lot more difficult to use than flipping (though, of course, the lack of revison will be the delight of almost any night shift staff).

Cheers fcit

Courtman
5th Aug 2000, 01:47
Very good, although if you want to make a route up it can be a bit diffcult as it will only work in a straight line. Presentation is clear and easy to work through, I like it...

fcit
9th Aug 2000, 00:11
Thanks Courtman,
found out that you cannot run Jepp View on a network, which I think is sort of strange. Well, one can share a set of binders, but one CD with almost all info on it appears to be a little bit hard to work with among 3 or 4 people - and Jepp's encouragement to buy 3 sets instead, doesn't appear to be a real economic benefit either. :mad:

Well, guess we'll stick with the everyday paper version now. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

Would you happen to know an OPS departement that's exclusively relying on it?

Cheers
fcit

BONDMAN
9th Aug 2000, 01:46
We use JeppView, easy and simple to use...but I'm still there on the nightshift doing manual revisions in the good ol' paper set of Jepps ..just in case (instead of getting a good night's sleep!).

fcit
10th Aug 2000, 01:12
Mmmh Bondman,
does that mean that you actually use Jepp View on a network (i.e. is it network compliant despite the info from Jepp)? Or you have multiple CD sets that are updated.

Thanks
fcit

Daifly
10th Aug 2000, 11:07
We use JAS Windows which Jepps report is not networkable and they keep telling us we are one of the view companies to have done that successfully. The other one brought in a software programmer to do it for them!

So I guess JeppView is the same, reportedly you can't network it - bet you can!

OCC
13th Aug 2000, 05:39
fcit

We use Jepp View but only for trip kits. We still use the manual set also on the a/c. We have Jepp View loaded on all the computers in Ops but you need the latest CD to run it. So only ope person can run it at a time but from any computer.
Jepp View is very handy and prints in color but you still need the manual sets for the crew and a/c.

OCC

OCC

fcit
13th Aug 2000, 06:31
Thanks OCC
that's what I suspected (i.e. that only one can run it at a time).

We had a demo CD and I agree it's nice, though I found that flipping pages goes slower than in the odd binders.

Have you tried using it parallel with more than one person, yet? http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif

Thanks
fcit