PDA

View Full Version : Pass the word...

no sig
26th Oct 1999, 00:36
I've been following this forum recently and am I somewhat dis-heartened at the
low number of postings.I'm guilty to.

So with that, I think perhaps we need to embark upon a bit of a PR job and put the word out amongst our colleages that there is a forum dedicated to our part of the industry on PPRUNE.

Tell everyone and get the ball rolling.

opsbod
26th Oct 1999, 01:22
Hear, Hear :)

Lowlife
26th Oct 1999, 13:07
I agree, as everyone else I look to see if there is anything interesting, but never post anything myself.
what we should be doing is using the forum to address ops/crewing problems and issues, such as licensing and training instead of just winding up Pilots in the rumours forum.

FL310
27th Oct 1999, 01:20
excellent idea :)

redsnail
29th Oct 1999, 08:25
Can we wind you guys up too?

Seriously, we have 3 ops guys in our place. They do work pretty hard, but I think the main hassle is team work or lack of it for them. Since we have to do CRM courses and be assessed on our ability to work together, I reckon it would be a good thing for ops too.
Good team work comes from mutual respect and trust in the other's competence.

------------------
reddo
Life is good 'till the next stuff up.

AceBaby
31st Oct 1999, 08:43
jees Reddo ... nothing sacred to you?

With my mob, CRM courses INCLUDE Opsco's, Maint. Controllers and all sorts of sundry bods.

WRT your last line ... ahhhh, I'd kill for mutual respect of each others talents!!

------------------
Aced it .. HIGH!!

redsnail
1st Nov 1999, 15:31
Acebaby, haha..nah, nuthin' is sacred except for my Duke.
Our guys have to sit in on our CRM courses but it is usually tailored to the cockpit. Therefore, they often don't see the relevance. Also, they don't do the course together (difficult) but it would be very beneficial for them. ie sort out some communication hassles.
Cheers

------------------
reddo
Life is good 'till the next stuff up.