PDA

View Full Version : New joiner - moving cost of freight

EngineOut
22nd Sep 2007, 12:33
Could anyone tell me what the cost per kg is for moving freight from SYD to HKG. We have quite a bit more than 360kg between the two of us.

Do you get ID90 for freight from day one for moving or do we have to wait 6 months for that?

Many Thanks,

EO

superfrozo
22nd Sep 2007, 23:43
G'day - it may have changed but the "excess" freight allowance above entitlement (180kg per adult, 90kg per child) was a mere HKD$2 per kilo when I moved recently.

Point to note: this excess is dependent on whether the goods are "weighted" only - if there are bulky (but light) items such as couches or bookshelves etc... then there is a "volume weight" calculation whereby your 100kg couch may actually be classed as a 200kg item because of its bulk. Clear as mud?!?

Sorry I can't help with more detail, I didn't bring any furniture over so I never investigated that aspect - I can say that I brought weighted goods well over my entitlement at the excess cost was a pittance. My advice is to drop an e-mail to the "Benefits Services Centre" at Cathay:

pnl#[email protected]

Their phone number is +852 2747-2222 (Fax: +852 2141-2222)

Hope this helps. Oh, and apparently I'm supposed to be infantile or unhelpful with my remarks so, er, here goes...

You smell like cat's wee and you are a poo-poo head.:}