PDA

View Full Version : Ground Handling prang at Perth

oldpinger
22nd Sep 2007, 10:48
Anyone know anything about an incident recently,(Thursday) at Perth?

As far as I heard, a ground handling truck smacked into the rear of a QF aircraft bound for Sydney and caused much consternation while the damage was assessed.

Heard about it from friends travelling on the flight (stuck on ground for 2 hours) who subsequently missed all connections out of Sydney etc.

How much damage can you do to a 767 with a truck and still get airborne??

blueloo
22nd Sep 2007, 10:52
I dont think the damage to the truck matters - just add as many JATO rockets as required. It will eventually get airborne .......or blow up.

:E

stiffwing
22nd Sep 2007, 10:54
743: 2 hour delay, (yet another) EA required, and obtained

oldpinger
22nd Sep 2007, 10:55
Stiffwing- sorry what's an EA?

blueloo
22nd Sep 2007, 11:32
Engineering Authority - Permission to leave with a defect provided certain limits /critera are met.

oldpinger
22nd Sep 2007, 11:35
Thanks! just like a CFU then.

training wheels
22nd Sep 2007, 11:54

Sorry, but what's a CFU?

sinala1
22nd Sep 2007, 12:04
CFU: Can't Fcuking Use?

:E

oldpinger
22nd Sep 2007, 12:06
Sorry, being a smart a##e-Carried Forward Unservicability military version of the same thing- something that's broken but ok to carry on flying with until you can get back to an engineer and get it fixed. Has to be authorised by a grown-up.

splashman
22nd Sep 2007, 15:55
I bit of a hint for MP IMPOSTER on another post,

The person who approved the EA is employed by whom.

The damage to this aircraft was outside the allowable limits of the CASA approved Maintenance Manual.

Legally, under what authority' is the aircraft now flying.

I would ask ,that all in the know, do not answer this question publicaly.

JUST TRYING TO SORT OUT AN IDIOT ON ANOTHER FORUM, LAME IMPOSTER turning into MP IMPOSTER.

Managers Perspective
22nd Sep 2007, 19:08
You OK there splashman....

The damage to this aircraft was outside the allowable limits of the CASA approved Maintenance Manual.

May I suggest that if you are going to shoot then you should ensure that your foot is out of the way, CASA don't approve the maintenance manual.

Given that you use the term "EA" I assume that the person is employed by QF, if so then the person will have the delegated authority to authorise temporary repair under CAR35 or have the ability to issue a Special Flight Permit.

Either way they would need to be the holder of a valid Instrument of Appointment from CASA.

No brainer really.....

No SAR No Details
27th Sep 2007, 12:07
Had a thought.
With the introduction of New Generation Aircraft such as the A380 and 787 with high percentage composite fuselages, what sort of down time would damage such as this cause.
A fuselage that is baked in an autoclave during manufacture can't possibly be rivetted back together in a couple of hours.

Jabawocky
27th Sep 2007, 12:24
NoSAR...........a pot of Sellys 5min Araldite fixes most problems:}

Chopper OZ
27th Sep 2007, 13:30
That ain't nothing! Fancy being the sod that smacked into the A380 wingtip in Bangkok, hence it flying through the Hong Kong airshow with no winglets..... DOH! :ugh:

Bankstown
28th Sep 2007, 03:13
Wasn't the 'poor sod' who hit the A380 driving a hangar?

Captain Sand Dune
28th Sep 2007, 09:30
Was on said aircraft. Apparently some part of the baggage cart interfered with the rear cargo door as it was closing.
QF maintenance PH had to talk to QF maintenace SY, who had to talk to Boeing, who both had to run it past CASA for approval.
Delayed out departure by 2 hours and resulted in us missing our connecting flight out of SY.
Better safe than sorry though. The crew handled it pretty well I thought.

OzPax1
28th Sep 2007, 19:48
At a place I used to work we had 'FUCTD' - Frequent Use Causing/Caused Technical Difficulties. :}

mmciau
28th Sep 2007, 22:17
You indicated you missed a connecting flight - was the plane carrying just flight crew only or passengers too?

Mike

Lasiorhinus
29th Sep 2007, 07:12
I think Captain Sand Dune was a passenger on said flight...

Captain Sand Dune
29th Sep 2007, 22:08
Why, yes he was!

DutchRoll
30th Sep 2007, 00:33
Sort of. Call me a pedant, but the basic equivalent of a CFU is just a "Hold Item", which is often written up under the authority of an "MEL" (Minimum Equipment List - the list of standard things you can go without and don't have to ask the Duty Engineer).

Picture something not listed in the MEL, and a bit unusual, with the SENGO, ENGO, and WOENGs all conferring round a table staring at the photos umm-ing and aah-ing, making some phone calls, then faxing a written approval of the CFU along with any inspection conditions, instructions, etc. That's an EA!;) (sorry to any LAMES out there offended by my simplistic explanation).

FCMC
1st Oct 2007, 08:20
Well you should have seen that tosser DMM from SYD, KG who was paxing on board waltz up to the flightdeck bragging who he was to the crew, donned there Hi Vis vest and came down stairs to sort things out. He waved his hands in the air a lot but as usual PER ACS staff just ignore him. Just about all of our classic guys have over 20 years experience on these A/C and certainly dont need his incompetence.
BYE BYE KG we know your not coming back again....IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anulus Filler
2nd Oct 2007, 15:59
Kg.........first Class Scabbing F#@ckwit.