PDA

View Full Version : Cathay Medical - Tobacco Use

mesaflying
22nd Sep 2007, 04:45
I am starting my application process with Cathay and was concerned about Cathay's stance on pilots that smoke. I know this is going to come up on the application and will also come up during the physical. I do not want to get in a situation where I have to hide my bad habit. Are they OK with people who smoke or are they against it completely. I want this job really badly and would certainly try to quit to get on with Cathay but if they are OK with it, I would probably not put myself through the quitting process. Its one of the few things that I find enjoyable in this life. LOL.

I know its bad but cant we all have a few vices?

thanks for any input

Kane Toed
24th Sep 2007, 04:27
There a few CX pilots who smoke, but I'm sure that you will make a better impression with the medical staff if you do quit. Saying that I would certainly not lie about anything like that, you might really regret it later.

Remember too that when you get to HK there are more than enough carcinogenic particulates in the air that you can inhale without having to smoke!

TWINGLOBES
26th Sep 2007, 05:58
I think they like smokers as you have a harder time of leaving with less potential prospects. Then again inhale deeply outside in Hong Kong and save a few quid.