PDA

View Full Version : QF LAME EBA and Outsourcing Maint' Talks

Big Unit
21st Sep 2007, 21:39
Can anyone in the know shed some more light on how our EBA and outsourcing maintenance talks are progressing?

The Mr Fixit
22nd Sep 2007, 01:22
Company to produce 'draft' offer this Tuesday for EBAVIII

At our last meetings I asked the Pres why notices weren't coming out that often he said 'Why bore you with notices that mean nothing ? when there's something to write about we'll right about it otherwise always feel free to ring us to get info'
regardless I expect this

3% only (ALAEA 5%)
Quotas by 3-5% (should be 25%, ALAEA wants removal of ALL quotas)
SLII and DMM payment (who cares ?)
Overarching agreement to keep maintenance in MEL and bring A330s in to BNE (ALAEA will not sign up without this)
Heavy Maintenance flexibilities
X utilisation, suite of rosters, banks of rdo and dil days
Casual, part-time and contract Labour

I'm not enthused to sign up, are you ? :eek:

Outsourcing sorted I'm told but I know no details :ugh:

domo
22nd Sep 2007, 08:45
thanks for the feedback Mr Fixit, I understand that they dont want to update us when nothing happens but I feel the need for regular updates even if all they say is your company is not interested is reaching an eba with you. Might make you thing before going "above and beyond"

primethius
22nd Sep 2007, 13:26
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?p=3594274#post3594274

fordran
23rd Sep 2007, 21:34
I have heard that the parties are meeting next week and if the airline don't put an EBA document on the table the asn comm. will be changing. All the hard ass ba$$tards will replace the soft c*cks. The airline will then be faced with WB, SP, WV and MW. Good luck Oldmeadow.

No SAR No Details
27th Sep 2007, 12:00
D.CX graced us with his presence today at Syd Dom. Said the EBA was going gangbusters with agreement on most fronts.
He mentioned BNE heavy, Avalon cross utilisation, A380 as sorted.
I don't recall him giving a % payrise figure though.
Do you think they were worried about the prospect of negotiating team change?

Talkwrench
28th Sep 2007, 06:16
Getting agreement on the various flexibilities with the ALAEA negotiating team is one thing. Getting the members agreement is another. And from what iv'e heard, "Going Gangbusters" is hardly the term I would use to describe the progress of the negotiations. Remember that QF management will say anything, true or otherwise, to get this deal across the line.