PDA

View Full Version : AIR Italy

marlot
21st Sep 2007, 21:10
Anybody has an idea about working conditions in Air Italy on 757/767 in Malpensa?
Appreciate any tips

Speevy
22nd Sep 2007, 02:25
stay away, this is my tip!
not worth it!

liftman
22nd Sep 2007, 14:11
...Stay FAR Away, continuosly roster changhe, no respect for private life, ecc...ecc...

In general, sadly, i must say that vith very few exception people must stay very far away fro italian company....perhaps the worst place in Europe to work as a pilot....

icemanalgeria
23rd Sep 2007, 11:21
Sorry but I can not agree.

I have worked in Italy for 12 years. The companies have worked for other than Volare, have been great to work for.

I would wake up in the morning looking forward to going to work.

My last 2 contracts in Italy, with 2 different companies also had stable roster's never changed once in six months.

It's not the right place for all, But I found Italian companies professional and very friendly

Aussie
23rd Sep 2007, 16:20
Mate, i dont think Marolot wants to know if Italy is a good place to work, rather the specific conditions of work at the company, Air Italy. Conditions vary through the country from company to company :)

Aussie

PenTito
24th Sep 2007, 17:22
icem. I have worked for 4 airlines in Italy (on local contract, not agency) and none of them could be described as one of yours, guess ther are two Italies.....:rolleyes:

icemanalgeria
24th Sep 2007, 20:14
Well Tinto as I said does not suit everyone, Different attitudes of mind.

I settled in Italy so did not need to commute therefore no frustrations about block days off etc.

Of course some very long days, but also quality time off.

Money slightly better than UK, and cost of living less than UK